Director Revesz Elected ACOEL Honorary Fellow
The American College of Environmental Lawyers (ACOEL) has elected ALI Director Richard L. Revesz as an honorary fellow.
The American College of Environmental Lawyers is a nonprofit organization of highly respected environmental lawyers dedicated to maintaining and improving the ethical practice of environmental law; the administration of justice; and the development of environmental law at both the state and federal level through collegial interaction, education, and outreach. Membership is by invitation and members are recognized by their peers as preeminent in their field.
In the ACOEL press release President Allan Gates of Mitchell referred to Director Revesz as “one of the nation’s leading scholars in the field of environmental law and a major voice on the subject of regulatory law and reform.”
Director Revesz is the eighth Honorary Fellow in the organization’s history. Past Honorary Fellows include William Ruckelshaus, Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency during the Nixon and Reagan administrations; David Hayes, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Interior during the Clinton and Obama administrations; David Sive, widely regarded as the father of U.S. environmental law; and David Quarles, Deputy Administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency during the Nixon and Ford administrations.
The Bylaws of the College authorize the election of up to two Honorary Fellows each year. Eligibility for election as an Honorary Fellow is limited to "Members of the legal profession, including judges, and preeminent observers of environmental law who have made substantial contributions to the field of environmental law."
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1