Don Bivens Receives Walter E. Craig Distinguished Service Award
Snell & Wilmer partner Don Bivens was awarded the Walter E. Craig Distinguished Service Award by the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education. Each year, an attorney who has manifested adherence to the highest principles and traditions of the legal profession and service to the public in the community in which he/she lives is awarded this honor. Mr. Bivens received his award on June 15, 2017 at the annual Arizona State Bar Convention.
Mr. Bivens’ career is a long list of service both to the legal community and the Arizona community as a whole. He has led, partnered and formed some of the most distinguished organizations and committees in Arizona and nationally. His roles include, but are not limited to: recent chair of the 55,000-member Section of Litigation of the American Bar Association, founding president of the Thurgood Marshall Jr. Inn of Court; president of the State Bar of Arizona; president of the Western State Bar Association; co-chair of the Equal Justice Campaign; Arizona delegate in the ABA House of Delegates; Maricopa County Bar Association Hall of Fame inductee; chair of the Arizona Supreme Court’s committee on Civil Justice Reform and president of the Maricopa County Bar Association, to name a few.
At Snell & Wilmer, Mr. Bivens handles complex litigation of all types and corporate investigations. He has tried cases involving securities fraud, patent infringement, trade secrets, lender liability, environmental liability, professional negligence, officer and director liability, products liability, employment discrimination, real estate and construction matters, significant estate disputes, business torts and class actions. Mr. Bivens leads internal investigations for corporations and special committees of corporate boards on a variety of issues. He also handles election law and government relations issues.
Read the full Snell & Wilmer press release.
Learn more about the Walter E. Craig Distinguished Service Award.
- The abstract for 'Un-Erasing American Indians and the Indian Child Welfare Act from Family Law' is available on The… https://t.co/hJAcuS4TTp@AmLawInstFeb 8
- Christopher Slobogin @VanderbiltLaw was recently interviewed on @lawfarepodcast to discuss his recently published b… https://t.co/ZrVpOLnSBe@AmLawInstFeb 3
- . @lsudeall will join the faculty of @vanderbiltlaw in summer 2023. https://t.co/a2Kd8V7VGAhttps://t.co/Bg3RvrCBAChttps://t.co/llTxEK8yOq@AmLawInstJan 30
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26