Douglas Laycock Pens Piece for New York Daily News
UVA School of Law professor Douglas Laycock and Thomas C. Berg of the University of St. Thomas have written an op-ed for the New York Daily News titled “How to slice the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: The narrow ruling that will preserve religious liberty without overreaching.”
The piece discusses Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the Supreme Court case addressing Masterpiece Cakeshop’s First Amendment right to refuse to design and create a cake to celebrate a same-sex wedding.
Read the full New York Daily News article.
- In this video, project Reporters Ken Simons and Jonathan Cardi discuss what makes a confinement an intentional tort… https://t.co/NycHrEBqFF@AmLawInstApr 23
- Democracy in the Balance https://t.co/tngLk851xL@AmLawInstApr 23
- Parental Authority and Responsibility for Medical Care - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/IsoEnY2cSM@AmLawInstApr 20
- UNC must disclose sexual assault findings, judges rule - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/EwjPHbYHEC@AmLawInstApr 19
- CDC Chief Takes Steps to Comply with Ethics Rules - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/ObWzeOlGK9@AmLawInstApr 18