Douglas Laycock Pens Piece for New York Daily News
UVA School of Law professor Douglas Laycock and Thomas C. Berg of the University of St. Thomas have written an op-ed for the New York Daily News titled “How to slice the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: The narrow ruling that will preserve religious liberty without overreaching.”
The piece discusses Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the Supreme Court case addressing Masterpiece Cakeshop’s First Amendment right to refuse to design and create a cake to celebrate a same-sex wedding.
Read the full New York Daily News article.
- Compliance project being presented for Council discussion for the first time. Council members discuss governance in… https://t.co/LIbcMjUWCJ@AmLawInstOct 18
- This Friday, the University of Pennsylvania Law Review is hosting a symposium titled “The History, Theory, and Prac… https://t.co/yNo5iCF2Kj@AmLawInstOct 15
- Congratulations to Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Risa Goluboff, Mark Lemley, and Sonia Sotomayor on their induction t… https://t.co/vBUhtxTErO@AmLawInstOct 12
- Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault meeting happening now. First on the agenda today, force, serious bodily injury and… https://t.co/LJugWjLe9Z@AmLawInstOct 12
- Katrina Wyman @nyulaw explores the principles held by property law’s “new essentialists.” Read more on The ALI Advi… https://t.co/lqGcDqKu9Q@AmLawInstOct 11