Douglas Laycock Pens Piece for New York Daily News
UVA School of Law professor Douglas Laycock and Thomas C. Berg of the University of St. Thomas have written an op-ed for the New York Daily News titled “How to slice the Masterpiece Cakeshop case: The narrow ruling that will preserve religious liberty without overreaching.”
The piece discusses Masterpiece Cakeshop, Ltd. v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, the Supreme Court case addressing Masterpiece Cakeshop’s First Amendment right to refuse to design and create a cake to celebrate a same-sex wedding.
Read the full New York Daily News article.
- Ninth Circuit Cites Restatement Third of Agency https://t.co/4iEUjiHeu5@AmLawInstJan 23
- Experts applaud decision to close Lincoln Hills and form other teen prisons https://t.co/XlpWCFK32X@AmLawInstJan 23
- Goodwin Liu Among Honorees at AABANY Annual Dinner https://t.co/W4w1QrVQL8@AmLawInstJan 19
- MPC: Sentencing Cited in EDNY Restitution Case https://t.co/VFhJccbSDy@AmLawInstJan 18
- Professors Shyamkrishna Balganesh and Eugene Volokh provide insight on copyright infringement in light of a recent… https://t.co/bsBD70wFwQ@AmLawInstJan 17