Erin Murphy Quoted in NY Times Article
The New York Times article “Coming Soon to a Police Station Near You: The DNA ‘Magic Box" discusses the groundbreaking technology used by police departments in the nearly automated processing of DNA. In 2017, President Trump signed into law the Rapid DNA Act, which will enable approved police booking stations in several states to connect their Rapid DNA machines to CODIS, the national DNA database. In the article Professor Erin Murphy of NYU Law School discusses the concerns that legal experts and scientists have raised with this new technology and its burgeoning effect on the criminal justice system.
Read the full article here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20