Fred Cate Named to Indiana University’s Top Research Post
Fred H. Cate, Indiana University Distinguished Professor and C. Ben Dutton Professor of Law, has been named vice president for research for the university. An international expert on privacy, security and other information law and policy issues, Professor Cate also serves as director of the Indiana University Center for Law, Ethics and Applied Research in Health Information and the Center for Information Privacy and Security and also holds an adjunct appointment in the School of Informatics and Computing. He served as the founding director of IU’s Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research from 2003 to 2014, where he is now a senior fellow.
In a press release issued from the university, President Michael A. McRobbie said, “During his years of service to Indiana University, Fred Cate has distinguished himself as one of the nation's leading authorities on issues concerning privacy and security. He also is a highly accomplished teacher and scholar, and a skillful administrator. His experience, leadership and vision make him an ideal candidate to lead and strengthen IU's research enterprise and to squarely focus the creative and scholarly work of our artists and scientists on the grand challenges facing our state, nation and world.
"In addition, Fred is extremely well-suited to furthering the investments we have made in multidisciplinary and multicampus research endeavors, reimagining our research programs so that they remain relevant and responsive to local and national economic needs, and building upon the university's traditions of excellence in the humanities, professions, and social, natural and clinical sciences."
- Student Sexual Misconduct Principles involve sources of law that are in the midst of rapid evolution. Developing ca… https://t.co/69OIQzYkUa@AmLawInstNov 14
- Our Election Administration Principles, available now, could be useful to fights over votes in Florida and Georgia,… https://t.co/rqLeX4I6hq@AmLawInstNov 13
- Colleges and universities face special challenges in designing and implementing procedures to respond to campus sex… https://t.co/PS1qTqKuqj@AmLawInstNov 13
- Edward Foley @Nedfoley, Steven Huefner @OSU_Law, and Kevin Hamilton @PerkinsCoieLLP discuss ALI’s Election Administ… https://t.co/y5pICxSOgf@AmLawInstNov 12
- This week’s project meeting concerns an important topic of current interest: What procedural frameworks should coll… https://t.co/Uh32UKfeGr@AmLawInstNov 12