Fred Cate Named to Indiana University’s Top Research Post
Fred H. Cate, Indiana University Distinguished Professor and C. Ben Dutton Professor of Law, has been named vice president for research for the university. An international expert on privacy, security and other information law and policy issues, Professor Cate also serves as director of the Indiana University Center for Law, Ethics and Applied Research in Health Information and the Center for Information Privacy and Security and also holds an adjunct appointment in the School of Informatics and Computing. He served as the founding director of IU’s Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research from 2003 to 2014, where he is now a senior fellow.
In a press release issued from the university, President Michael A. McRobbie said, “During his years of service to Indiana University, Fred Cate has distinguished himself as one of the nation's leading authorities on issues concerning privacy and security. He also is a highly accomplished teacher and scholar, and a skillful administrator. His experience, leadership and vision make him an ideal candidate to lead and strengthen IU's research enterprise and to squarely focus the creative and scholarly work of our artists and scientists on the grand challenges facing our state, nation and world.
"In addition, Fred is extremely well-suited to furthering the investments we have made in multidisciplinary and multicampus research endeavors, reimagining our research programs so that they remain relevant and responsive to local and national economic needs, and building upon the university's traditions of excellence in the humanities, professions, and social, natural and clinical sciences."
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8