The Future of International Agreements
ALI member Catherine M. Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton and ALI Council member John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter participated in the first installment of the American Society of International Law (ASIL) series, International Law and the Trump Administration: A Live Online Briefing Series. A video of the briefing, which drew nearly 600 people, is available below.
In part one, “The Future of International Agreements,” Ms. Amirfar and Mr. Bellinger examine the status of treaties and other international agreements under both international and U.S. domestic law, the obligation of nations to comply with the agreements into which they have entered, and the procedures under which they are permitted to withdraw from such agreements or repudiate their obligations under them.
Ms. Amirfar served as the Counselor on International Law to the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State, and Mr. Bellinger served as the Legal Adviser for the U.S. Department of State.
Part two of the series will focus on the relationship between the United Nations and the Trump Administration.
Click here to learn more about ASIL and its online briefing series.
- Registration is open for the Tues. 10/27 @ALI_CLE webcast “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Tim… https://t.co/Y2cBkn7CsZ@AmLawInstOct 24
- . @ALI_CLE is offering a 10/27 webcast on “Children and the Law: Protecting the Vulnerable in a Time of Crisis," wit… https://t.co/q4D8gNA8LT@AmLawInstOct 23
- #ICYMI – ALI has made Part I, Early In-Person Voting and Open Absentee Voting, of Principles of Election Administra… https://t.co/u5tTQp9ZHD@AmLawInstOct 21
- The fall edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/bUIv3xaV0Vhttps://t.co/MAl3KDRuyo@AmLawInstOct 20
- Tune in tonight @ 7pm EST for this important conversation featuring ALI members @Nedfoley and @RosenJeffrey in conv… https://t.co/pzi2fQxTPE@AmLawInstOct 19