The Future of International Agreements
ALI member Catherine M. Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton and ALI Council member John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter participated in the first installment of the American Society of International Law (ASIL) series, International Law and the Trump Administration: A Live Online Briefing Series. A video of the briefing, which drew nearly 600 people, is available below.
In part one, “The Future of International Agreements,” Ms. Amirfar and Mr. Bellinger examine the status of treaties and other international agreements under both international and U.S. domestic law, the obligation of nations to comply with the agreements into which they have entered, and the procedures under which they are permitted to withdraw from such agreements or repudiate their obligations under them.
Ms. Amirfar served as the Counselor on International Law to the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State, and Mr. Bellinger served as the Legal Adviser for the U.S. Department of State.
Part two of the series will focus on the relationship between the United Nations and the Trump Administration.
Click here to learn more about ASIL and its online briefing series.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14