The Future of International Agreements
ALI member Catherine M. Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton and ALI Council member John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter participated in the first installment of the American Society of International Law (ASIL) series, International Law and the Trump Administration: A Live Online Briefing Series. A video of the briefing, which drew nearly 600 people, is available below.
In part one, “The Future of International Agreements,” Ms. Amirfar and Mr. Bellinger examine the status of treaties and other international agreements under both international and U.S. domestic law, the obligation of nations to comply with the agreements into which they have entered, and the procedures under which they are permitted to withdraw from such agreements or repudiate their obligations under them.
Ms. Amirfar served as the Counselor on International Law to the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State, and Mr. Bellinger served as the Legal Adviser for the U.S. Department of State.
Part two of the series will focus on the relationship between the United Nations and the Trump Administration.
Click here to learn more about ASIL and its online briefing series.
- "[I]f we're going to really make meaningful, thoughtful change that'll stand the test of time, we need to listen fi… https://t.co/xFUCXjPlyd@AmLawInstJul 7
- ALI member Cary Coglianese of @pennlaw will be speaking on #ArtificialIntelligence and #AdministrativeLaw Doctrine… https://t.co/JFLbnPXHCh@AmLawInstJul 6
- A number of ALI members, as well as several project participants from Principles of the Law, Policing, have been el… https://t.co/kO8TzixnTF@AmLawInstJul 6
- Chapter 5 of ALI’s Principles of the Law, Policing, now available for free, provides principles relating to the use… https://t.co/Up7QZY5D7F@AmLawInstJul 5
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3