The Future of International Agreements
ALI member Catherine M. Amirfar of Debevoise & Plimpton and ALI Council member John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter participated in the first installment of the American Society of International Law (ASIL) series, International Law and the Trump Administration: A Live Online Briefing Series. A video of the briefing, which drew nearly 600 people, is available below.
In part one, “The Future of International Agreements,” Ms. Amirfar and Mr. Bellinger examine the status of treaties and other international agreements under both international and U.S. domestic law, the obligation of nations to comply with the agreements into which they have entered, and the procedures under which they are permitted to withdraw from such agreements or repudiate their obligations under them.
Ms. Amirfar served as the Counselor on International Law to the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State, and Mr. Bellinger served as the Legal Adviser for the U.S. Department of State.
Part two of the series will focus on the relationship between the United Nations and the Trump Administration.
Click here to learn more about ASIL and its online briefing series.
- ALI was profiled by @VisionariesInc, a documentary series that highlights the stories of nonprofits around the worl… https://t.co/jlgwzEPC3E@AmLawInstJun 24
- An article from ALI Reporters Kevin Reitz @UofMNLawSchool and Cecelia Klingele @WisconsinLaw entitled “Model Penal… https://t.co/hsDke463m2@AmLawInstJun 24
- Carol F. Lee, ALI Council member and @YaleLawSch alum, received ALI's Distinguished Service Award at this year’s An… https://t.co/zaujOzsFVV@AmLawInstJun 21
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?”– In this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennif… https://t.co/vZhmSudUsX@AmLawInstJun 20
- Watch @MWildeAnderson of @StanfordLaw discuss her scholarship on geographically concentrated poverty and the growin… https://t.co/llJCVNaAv4@AmLawInstJun 20