The Future of U.S.- China Commercial Dispute Resolution
Presented by the USC Gould School of Law and JAMS, “The Future of U.S.- China Commercial Dispute Resolution” webinar is taking place Wednesday, July 29. The event will bring together a panel of express to discuss topics on international commerce and arbitration and features several ALI members as speakers including Cedric C. Chao of Chao ADR, PC; Gary Brian Born of WilmerHale; and David W. Rivkin of Debevoise & Plimpton.
From the event description:
What does the future hold for U.S.-China dispute resolution? The recent past has seen a marked change in the tenor of U.S.-China relations and of China-Hong Kong relations, and the global pandemic has accelerated these changes. Some in the international business community are re-calibrating the trade-offs between cost efficiency and the risk of disruption in global supply chains. We are also witnessing a pause in investment and trade flows between the world's two greatest economies. What impact will these changes have on the arbitration and mediation of disputes between U.S. and P.R.C. parties? Will parties entering into new contracts change their dispute resolution preferences? What challenges and opportunities do these recent events and trends present to leading Asia based arbitration venues, and to companies and their counsel? Join our distinguished panel of international arbitration experts for a timely and stimulating discussion.
Learn more and register here.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29