The Future of U.S.- China Commercial Dispute Resolution
Presented by the USC Gould School of Law and JAMS, “The Future of U.S.- China Commercial Dispute Resolution” webinar is taking place Wednesday, July 29. The event will bring together a panel of express to discuss topics on international commerce and arbitration and features several ALI members as speakers including Cedric C. Chao of Chao ADR, PC; Gary Brian Born of WilmerHale; and David W. Rivkin of Debevoise & Plimpton.
From the event description:
What does the future hold for U.S.-China dispute resolution? The recent past has seen a marked change in the tenor of U.S.-China relations and of China-Hong Kong relations, and the global pandemic has accelerated these changes. Some in the international business community are re-calibrating the trade-offs between cost efficiency and the risk of disruption in global supply chains. We are also witnessing a pause in investment and trade flows between the world's two greatest economies. What impact will these changes have on the arbitration and mediation of disputes between U.S. and P.R.C. parties? Will parties entering into new contracts change their dispute resolution preferences? What challenges and opportunities do these recent events and trends present to leading Asia based arbitration venues, and to companies and their counsel? Join our distinguished panel of international arbitration experts for a timely and stimulating discussion.
Learn more and register here.
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23
- Tune in to this episode of @UVALaw's "Common Law" podcast to hear ALI members @NaomiCahn, @RisaGoluboff, and… https://t.co/M90tgRzwbA@AmLawInstFeb 23
- ALI member Vincent Rougeau has been named the next president of @holy_cross, effective July 1.… https://t.co/SDPEAjCd6L@AmLawInstFeb 23