Goodwin Liu Named NAPABA President’s Award Recipient
The National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) presented its 2017 President’s Award to California Supreme Court Associate Justice Goodwin Liu at its annual convention in Washington, D.C. on November 3.
The award is given to NAPABA members who demonstrate an exceptional commitment to NAPABA, the legal community, and the Asian Pacific American community. “Justice Liu has been an exemplary leader in the legal profession and in the Asian Pacific American community,” said NAPABA President Cyndie M. Chang. “In addition to his frequent engagement with Asian Pacific American lawyers and law students throughout the country, Justice Liu’s recent publication, ‘A Portrait of Asian Americans in the Law,’ has been a game-changer for awareness within and beyond our community of the successes and ongoing challenges that Asian Pacific Americans have experienced in the legal profession.”
Read the full NAPABA press release.
- Richard Briffault @ColumbiaLaw Reporter for ALI’s Government Ethics Principles project, addresses the principles th… https://t.co/PHPs08605A@AmLawInstMar 15
- Kenneth Frazier Featured in the New York Times https://t.co/84lCLg6zQo@AmLawInstMar 15
- . @ucilaw Professor Michele Goodwin receives Sandra Day O'Connor Legacy Award. https://t.co/qjxGnmXfyx@AmLawInstMar 13
- American Indian Law Reporter @DrummondWoodsum Kaighn Smith Jr. discusses Tribal Entities and Sovereign Immuity Watc… https://t.co/lBq5pL7lQr@AmLawInstMar 12
- Sick and Aging Prisoners: A Look Into Compassionate Release - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/TrBkUDAn0N@AmLawInstMar 9