Harvey Brown Joins Lanier Law
Harvey Brown of the First Court of Appeals, District of Texas has joined The Lanier Law Firm.
Judge Brown served on the First Court of Appeals bench from 2010-2018. During his tenure, he was named Appellate Judge of the Year by the Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists and Mentor of the Year by the Houston Young Lawyers Association and the Texas Young Lawyers Association. He authored more than 1,000 opinions on the court. Judge Brown has also served as a member of the Multidistrict Litigation panel for Texas since 2014. Before his judicial service he was in private practice for more than 20 years, handling both trials and appeals.
"Judge Brown will offer a wealth of expertise and insights for our clients in litigation, and we will rely on his vast experience in appellate matters," said Mark Lanier. "He obviously had a number of opportunities and firms where he could resume his practice, and we're very gratified he chose us."
Read more here.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14