Harvey Brown Joins Lanier Law
Harvey Brown of the First Court of Appeals, District of Texas has joined The Lanier Law Firm.
Judge Brown served on the First Court of Appeals bench from 2010-2018. During his tenure, he was named Appellate Judge of the Year by the Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists and Mentor of the Year by the Houston Young Lawyers Association and the Texas Young Lawyers Association. He authored more than 1,000 opinions on the court. Judge Brown has also served as a member of the Multidistrict Litigation panel for Texas since 2014. Before his judicial service he was in private practice for more than 20 years, handling both trials and appeals.
"Judge Brown will offer a wealth of expertise and insights for our clients in litigation, and we will rely on his vast experience in appellate matters," said Mark Lanier. "He obviously had a number of opportunities and firms where he could resume his practice, and we're very gratified he chose us."
Read more here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20