Historic Female Majority on Nevada's High Court
For the first time in its history the Nevada Supreme Court contains more women than men. This new majority brings a level of diversity that the court has never seen before.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal shares insight from each of the individual women with looks into their unique backgrounds, influences and inspirations, which includes ALI members Kristina Pickering and Elissa F. Cadish.
Retired Washoe County District Judge Janet Berry shared the sentiment, referring to each of the justices as “intellectual giants.”
“I rejoice not because they are women but because I know these women,” Judge Berry said. “They are the best of the best. They are excellent lawyers who will serve our citizens with distinction and with excellent ability. We are blessed.”
Read the full article here.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14