Historic Female Majority on Nevada's High Court
For the first time in its history the Nevada Supreme Court contains more women than men. This new majority brings a level of diversity that the court has never seen before.
The Las Vegas Review-Journal shares insight from each of the individual women with looks into their unique backgrounds, influences and inspirations, which includes ALI members Kristina Pickering and Elissa F. Cadish.
Retired Washoe County District Judge Janet Berry shared the sentiment, referring to each of the justices as “intellectual giants.”
“I rejoice not because they are women but because I know these women,” Judge Berry said. “They are the best of the best. They are excellent lawyers who will serve our citizens with distinction and with excellent ability. We are blessed.”
Read the full article here.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14