HLS Library Book Talk with Catharine MacKinnon
On Sept. 18, the Harvard Law School Library hosted an event celebrating the recent publication of Butterfly Politics by Catharine A. MacKinnon of University of Michigan Law School. Professor MacKinnon discussed the book, her legal scholarship on sexual harassment, and her history of activism in the name of women’s rights.
In Butterfly Politics, Professor MacKinnon argues that seemingly minor interventions in the legal realm can have a “butterfly effect” that generates major social and cultural transformations.
Read more and watch a video from the event here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20