HLS Library Book Talk with Catharine MacKinnon
On Sept. 18, the Harvard Law School Library hosted an event celebrating the recent publication of Butterfly Politics by Catharine A. MacKinnon of University of Michigan Law School. Professor MacKinnon discussed the book, her legal scholarship on sexual harassment, and her history of activism in the name of women’s rights.
In Butterfly Politics, Professor MacKinnon argues that seemingly minor interventions in the legal realm can have a “butterfly effect” that generates major social and cultural transformations.
Read more and watch a video from the event here.
- ALI member Stephen Carter of @YaleLawSch participates in @SimonsRock Book One conversation on his latest book, "Inv… https://t.co/6m4T43uQ9D@AmLawInstSep 20
- Finishing off the week with Restatement 3rd Intentional Torts project meeting. Reporters Ken Simons @UCILaw and Jon… https://t.co/2SIuwcAVRx@AmLawInstSep 20
- Listen to Reporters Matthew Fletcher @ILPCTurtleTalk and Wenona Singel discuss the rights of Amer. Indians as both… https://t.co/fgLmgOqjZd@AmLawInstSep 19
- In a recent @lawdotcom article, ALI member Randy Maniloff @WhiteandWil sits down with author and lawyer @HabenGirma… https://t.co/xMDZnDYwin@AmLawInstSep 19
- Did you know that most allotments of Indian reservations were authorized by Acts of Congress and administered by th… https://t.co/ixG1s92qcY@AmLawInstSep 19