HLS Library Book Talk with Catharine MacKinnon
On Sept. 18, the Harvard Law School Library hosted an event celebrating the recent publication of Butterfly Politics by Catharine A. MacKinnon of University of Michigan Law School. Professor MacKinnon discussed the book, her legal scholarship on sexual harassment, and her history of activism in the name of women’s rights.
In Butterfly Politics, Professor MacKinnon argues that seemingly minor interventions in the legal realm can have a “butterfly effect” that generates major social and cultural transformations.
Read more and watch a video from the event here.
- ALI member Sean Murphy of @gwlaw was chosen by the Federal Republic of Nigeria to serve as an ad hoc judge for a pr… https://t.co/Thbd8LdmOT@AmLawInstJul 15
- Dropping tomorrow, the newest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking takes us once again behind the scenes of the nation’s… https://t.co/thH3up8jFa@AmLawInstJul 15
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?” –– Listen to Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennifer Long of @AEquitasResourc d… https://t.co/bOJZa2up3X@AmLawInstJul 12
- ALI member Jenny Martinez @StanfordLaw recently took part in a discussion about technology in society with Facebook… https://t.co/6pjbEfzFbn@AmLawInstJul 12
- Matthew Fletcher and Wenona Singel explore the rights of American Indians, both as tribal and U.S. Citizens in Epis… https://t.co/YRsOTzMLhd@AmLawInstJul 11