The IBA Under David W. Rivkin
Immediate Past President of the International Bar Association and ALI Council member David W. Rivkin of Debevoise & Plimpton was recently featured in an article in The American Lawyer. The article, “The Better Bar Association,” recognizes the additional value that the IBA has placed on human rights throughout the globe during Mr. Rivkin’s tenure as president.
Mr. Rivkin has been to 40 countries and has spoken with more than 40 justice ministers and chief justices. In Myanmar, Mr. Rivkin spoke on behalf of the persecuted Muslim minority, the Rohingya. While at the IBA annual meeting, he explained, "As lawyers, we also have to know how to meet our own obligations under the Guiding Principles. No matter what our practice area, we must advise our clients in a manner that assists them in avoiding human rights impacts and promotes their—and our —integrity."
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20