Daily Business Review Profiles José Astigarraga
ALI Council Member José I. Astigarraga of Astigarraga Davis was recently featured in the Daily Business Review. The article, “From Bailiff to Banking Law to Arbitration,” details his journey from Cuba to founding partner and prominent international practice attorney.
From the article:
“When José Astigarraga's father, a tobacco company office employee, decided to take action and have his family flee Cuba, they weren't wealthy or political like many in the first waves of emigrants. Others in their strata were prepared to see how the revolution played out.
"Very early on my father said, 'We must leave,'" said Astigarraga, who was 7 when he arrived in South Florida in 1960, already marveling at his father's foresight. Throughout his life, the cofounder of the Miami law firm Astigarraga Davis has contemplated how different his life would be had the family stayed in Cuba.”
He currently serves as an Adviser on the Restatement of the Law, The U.S. Law of International Commercial Arbitration.
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19
- #SCOTUS opinion in Gamble v. United States cites Restatement 4th of Foreign Relations Law § 481 and Restatement 2nd… https://t.co/tamGUHav6Z@AmLawInstJun 18
- Nonprofits project Adviser Andrew Grumet @DrinkerBiddle talks with Patrick Rooney @IUPhilanthropy about charitable… https://t.co/JaaNsXdPfG@AmLawInstJun 18
- At this year’s #ALI96 Annual Meeting, ALI membership voted to approve Principles of Data Privacy, marking the compl… https://t.co/k9I2nA5tN3@AmLawInstJun 14