Ifill and Karlan Among Attorney of the Year Finalists
The American Lawyer has announced the nominees for their 2020 Industry Awards, including finalists for “Attorney of the Year.” Among the candidates are ALI members Sherrilyn Ifill of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Pamela S. Karlan of Stanford Law School.
In recognition of their nomination, each of the finalists are being profiled by Law.com about their lives and work. Professor Karlan’s piece, “The Advocate and the Argument: Pamela Karlan Pushed Civil Rights Forward in a Major Way in 2020,” details her early connection to the civil rights moment and her landmark U.S. Supreme Court victory for LGBT rights in Bostock v. Clayton County. Ms. Ifill’s piece, “Sherrilyn Ifill's Advocacy for Racial Justice Was More Urgent Than Ever in 2020,” outlines her thoughtful and active leadership of the NAACP LDF during a time of social upheaval and political unrest.
The American Lawyer’s Attorney of the Year will be announced at The American Lawyer Industry Awards virtual event on January 14.
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13