Ifill and Karlan Among Attorney of the Year Finalists
The American Lawyer has announced the nominees for their 2020 Industry Awards, including finalists for “Attorney of the Year.” Among the candidates are ALI members Sherrilyn Ifill of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Pamela S. Karlan of Stanford Law School.
In recognition of their nomination, each of the finalists are being profiled by Law.com about their lives and work. Professor Karlan’s piece, “The Advocate and the Argument: Pamela Karlan Pushed Civil Rights Forward in a Major Way in 2020,” details her early connection to the civil rights moment and her landmark U.S. Supreme Court victory for LGBT rights in Bostock v. Clayton County. Ms. Ifill’s piece, “Sherrilyn Ifill's Advocacy for Racial Justice Was More Urgent Than Ever in 2020,” outlines her thoughtful and active leadership of the NAACP LDF during a time of social upheaval and political unrest.
The American Lawyer’s Attorney of the Year will be announced at The American Lawyer Industry Awards virtual event on January 14.
- President Biden has nominated ALI Council member Anton G. Hajjar to serve on the governing board of the United Stat… https://t.co/HPMFeWigpa@AmLawInstFeb 26
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23
- Tune in to this episode of @UVALaw's "Common Law" podcast to hear ALI members @NaomiCahn, @RisaGoluboff, and… https://t.co/M90tgRzwbA@AmLawInstFeb 23