Ifill and Karlan Among Attorney of the Year Finalists
The American Lawyer has announced the nominees for their 2020 Industry Awards, including finalists for “Attorney of the Year.” Among the candidates are ALI members Sherrilyn Ifill of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Pamela S. Karlan of Stanford Law School.
In recognition of their nomination, each of the finalists are being profiled by Law.com about their lives and work. Professor Karlan’s piece, “The Advocate and the Argument: Pamela Karlan Pushed Civil Rights Forward in a Major Way in 2020,” details her early connection to the civil rights moment and her landmark U.S. Supreme Court victory for LGBT rights in Bostock v. Clayton County. Ms. Ifill’s piece, “Sherrilyn Ifill's Advocacy for Racial Justice Was More Urgent Than Ever in 2020,” outlines her thoughtful and active leadership of the NAACP LDF during a time of social upheaval and political unrest.
The American Lawyer’s Attorney of the Year will be announced at The American Lawyer Industry Awards virtual event on January 14.
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30
- . @OlatiJ was featured on the final episode of the Defending the Planet podcast by @ColumbiaLaw discussing climate c… https://t.co/YgGaOJZxY7@AmLawInstJul 29
- . @ChrisOdinet was quoted in @MorningConsult on potential consequences for nonbank and fintech mortgage companies as… https://t.co/xYP2kLfTZu@AmLawInstJul 28
- Jane Cutler Greenspan, retired judge of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, discusses Title IX adjudication and reso… https://t.co/x6F7Lmx5vS@AmLawInstJul 27
- . @daniellecitron participated in a discussion with @TheProspect analyzing the different facets of Section 230, a pr… https://t.co/NAxmfwB7em@AmLawInstJul 26