Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism featuring Laura Gómez
On Nov. 9, Laura E. Gómez of UCLA Law will be discussing her new book, Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism, at a virtual event hosted by Boston University School of Law.
Inventing Latinos is an important and introspective work which “interrogates the how and why of Latinx identity becoming a distinctive racial identity.”
Professor Gómez teaches civil procedure and criminal law at UCLA Law and has taught courses in law and society and the Critical Race Studies Program in the law school’s upper-year curriculum.
Learn more and register for the event here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16