Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism featuring Laura Gómez
On Nov. 9, Laura E. Gómez of UCLA Law will be discussing her new book, Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism, at a virtual event hosted by Boston University School of Law.
Inventing Latinos is an important and introspective work which “interrogates the how and why of Latinx identity becoming a distinctive racial identity.”
Professor Gómez teaches civil procedure and criminal law at UCLA Law and has taught courses in law and society and the Critical Race Studies Program in the law school’s upper-year curriculum.
Learn more and register for the event here.
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20
- In its upcoming annual symposium, the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, & Commercial Law will celebrate the… https://t.co/iNUpUGC0mD@AmLawInstMay 19
- That’s a wrap for the #ALI2022 Annual Meeting. Thank you to our members, Reporters, and project participants for th… https://t.co/cO9iCqx2lf@AmLawInstMay 18
- The final project of #ALI2022 Annual Meeting is Torts: Remedies. In this video, Reporters Douglas Laycock and Richa… https://t.co/P0b1vC8490@AmLawInstMay 18