Ivan Fong Receives James Madison Legacy Award
On November 6, Ivan K. Fong of 3M was awarded the James Madison Legacy Award by the Constitutional Sources Project (ConSource) during its annual dinner in Washington, DC. The annual award recognizes an individual for his or her support of the Constitution and education, as well as a belief in and dedication to the people in the spirit of James Madison.
Mr. Fong was recognized for his continuing commitment to the Constitution and education as exemplified by his service as Deputy Associate Attorney General for the Department of Justice, General Counsel of the Department of Homeland Security, and as a law clerk to two of the nation’s leading advocates for civics education and constitutional literacy, the late Judge Abner Mikva and Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. He was also recognized for his support of educational causes through his service as a trustee of Minnesota Public Radio and Equal Justice Works, as well as past service as a trustee of Stanford University, and as a director of the Fulbright Association.
During his acceptance speech, Mr. Fong remarked, “I’m particularly honored that this award is named the James Madison Legacy Award. For it was James Madison who rightly said, “The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.” And that is what ConSource is all about.”
Past recipients of the Award include Alex Dimitrief, General Counsel of General Electric, David Leitch, General Counsel of Bank of America, and William P. Barr, 77th Attorney General of the United States.
- Richard Briffault @ColumbiaLaw Reporter for ALI’s Government Ethics Principles project, addresses the principles th… https://t.co/PHPs08605A@AmLawInstMar 15
- Kenneth Frazier Featured in the New York Times https://t.co/84lCLg6zQo@AmLawInstMar 15
- . @ucilaw Professor Michele Goodwin receives Sandra Day O'Connor Legacy Award. https://t.co/qjxGnmXfyx@AmLawInstMar 13
- American Indian Law Reporter @DrummondWoodsum Kaighn Smith Jr. discusses Tribal Entities and Sovereign Immuity Watc… https://t.co/lBq5pL7lQr@AmLawInstMar 12
- Sick and Aging Prisoners: A Look Into Compassionate Release - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/TrBkUDAn0N@AmLawInstMar 9