James Forman Jr. to Speak at UVA Event
James Forman Jr. of Yale Law School will be UVA’s guest at Charlottesville’s Paramount Theater on September 27. Professor Forman is participating in a talk titled “Claiming Your Power: American Racism, the Alt-Right and Radical Resistance,” part of UVA’s reflections on the events of August 11 and 12, 2017. His talk and will explore cultural dynamics at work in our community and our nation.
UVA President Jim Ryan said of Professor Forman, “His book and his scholarship focus on the unintended consequences of often well-meaning actions, and how we can work to recognize and reduce inequality. I am looking forward to hearing from him and joining him at this event, and I encourage anyone who is interested to attend.”
Read more here.
- Charitable Nonprofits project is in session. Project participants discuss solicitation, restrictions on charitable… https://t.co/BxZCnnarZu@AmLawInstSep 21
- Watch “ALI’s Drafting Process Educating the Next Generation of Lawyers” @jill_horwitz@UCLA_Lawhttps://t.co/Qn3udmOcQp@AmLawInstSep 20
- A quote from our 1st Director, William Draper Lewis: “The preparation of an adequate Restatement of any Subject is… https://t.co/yhc5syWNMO@AmLawInstSep 20
- Read "Decarceration Strategies: How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions" on The ALI Adviser https://t.co/J0x0h6jiXt@AmLawInstSep 20
- As we continue our project meetings this fall we want to share some information about the important work that takes… https://t.co/7faFKELh4T@AmLawInstSep 19