James Forman Jr. to Speak at UVA Event
James Forman Jr. of Yale Law School will be UVA’s guest at Charlottesville’s Paramount Theater on September 27. Professor Forman is participating in a talk titled “Claiming Your Power: American Racism, the Alt-Right and Radical Resistance,” part of UVA’s reflections on the events of August 11 and 12, 2017. His talk and will explore cultural dynamics at work in our community and our nation.
UVA President Jim Ryan said of Professor Forman, “His book and his scholarship focus on the unintended consequences of often well-meaning actions, and how we can work to recognize and reduce inequality. I am looking forward to hearing from him and joining him at this event, and I encourage anyone who is interested to attend.”
Read more here.
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1