James Forman Jr. to Speak at UVA Event
James Forman Jr. of Yale Law School will be UVA’s guest at Charlottesville’s Paramount Theater on September 27. Professor Forman is participating in a talk titled “Claiming Your Power: American Racism, the Alt-Right and Radical Resistance,” part of UVA’s reflections on the events of August 11 and 12, 2017. His talk and will explore cultural dynamics at work in our community and our nation.
UVA President Jim Ryan said of Professor Forman, “His book and his scholarship focus on the unintended consequences of often well-meaning actions, and how we can work to recognize and reduce inequality. I am looking forward to hearing from him and joining him at this event, and I encourage anyone who is interested to attend.”
Read more here.
- Read more on the press release issued today by the U.S. Department of Education on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/SKFoHyZwNe@AmLawInstNov 16
- Day 2 of the Student Sexual Misconduct Principles meeting with Reporter Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Associate Re… https://t.co/7D7svcf1h6@AmLawInstNov 16
- No #snowday for our project participants at today’s Student Sexual Misconduct Meeting. Moving along Day 1 of this 2… https://t.co/bTLvHKk1bD@AmLawInstNov 15
- #TBT to last week’s Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws meeting. Joining the discussion were several Reporters /Cha… https://t.co/ahact5w1kB@AmLawInstNov 15
- CU Boulder American Indian Law Clinic Wants North Dakota's Reservation voters to be heard. Read more on The ALI Adv… https://t.co/qKflf6cAHm@AmLawInstNov 15