James Forman Jr. to Speak at UVA Event
James Forman Jr. of Yale Law School will be UVA’s guest at Charlottesville’s Paramount Theater on September 27. Professor Forman is participating in a talk titled “Claiming Your Power: American Racism, the Alt-Right and Radical Resistance,” part of UVA’s reflections on the events of August 11 and 12, 2017. His talk and will explore cultural dynamics at work in our community and our nation.
UVA President Jim Ryan said of Professor Forman, “His book and his scholarship focus on the unintended consequences of often well-meaning actions, and how we can work to recognize and reduce inequality. I am looking forward to hearing from him and joining him at this event, and I encourage anyone who is interested to attend.”
Read more here.
- Congratulations to Jane Aiken on being named the new dean of @WFULawSchoolhttps://t.co/pkgu9xFY1ihttps://t.co/fmTQ6le2N7@AmLawInstApr 25
- Matthew Fletcher on tribal governments in this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking w/ Wenona Singel #TBT Listen here:… https://t.co/0I9Q8dx1AR@AmLawInstApr 25
- In this video, Data Privacy Principles Reporters @paulmschwartz and @DanielSolove discuss the developing concerns a… https://t.co/ft5VZEAmBL@AmLawInstApr 25
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/U9aGuYCCUs@AmLawInstApr 24
- The Role of the Board of Directors and Executive Management in Promoting an Organizational Culture of Compliance an… https://t.co/kyrgCcBm7L@AmLawInstApr 24