James Forman Jr. Wins Pulitzer Prize
James Forman Jr. of Yale Law School has won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize in General Nonfiction for his book Locking Up Our Own: Crime and Punishment in Black America. The book explores the relationship between race, class, and the American criminal justice system. It was also named one of the “10 Best of 2017” by TheNew York Times.
Read the full Pulitzer announcement.
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8