Jamie Gorelick Receives 2020 ABF Fellows Outstanding Service Award
Jamie S. Gorelick of WilmerHale is the recipient of the 2020 Outstanding Service Award from the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. She was presented with the award at the 64th Annual Fellows Awards Reception and Banquet in February.
The award is presented annually to an individual who has, in his or her professional career, adhered for more than thirty years* to the highest principles and traditions of the legal profession and to the service of the public.
“The American Bar Foundation is honored to give the Fellows Outstanding Service Award to Jamie Gorelick,” said ABF Executive Director Ajay K. Mehrotra. “She is truly deserving of this award, given to a Fellow who has adhered to the highest principles of the legal profession and service to the public.”
Ms. Gorelick has represented corporations and individuals in a wide array of matters, particularly in the regulatory and enforcement arenas. She was one of the longest-serving Deputy Attorneys General of the United States, the second-highest position in the Department of Justice. She also served as General Counsel of the Department of Defense. She has served on numerous government boards and commissions and is currently a member of the Department of Defense Policy Board. Previously, Ms. Gorelick was a member of the bipartisan National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the "9/11 Commission").
Read more here.
- What responsibilities does an absentee-ballot-counting board have? Section 110 of ALI’s Election Administration Pri… https://t.co/VozsotsyE1@AmLawInstApr 1
- In this video Principles for a Data Economy Reporter Christianne C. Wendehorst and project Chairs Steven O. Weise… https://t.co/jTLFO9PEBN@AmLawInstApr 1
- In response to the growing legal needs as a result of COVID-19 @ABAesq has created a nationwide task force of volun… https://t.co/tZ42R6rNRB@AmLawInstApr 1
- Now Available – Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, covers four principal areas of to… https://t.co/WniUKBI6co@AmLawInstMar 31
- Part I of ALI’s Principles of Election Administration provides principles for use by jurisdictions that wish to use… https://t.co/FRrmcogQjY@AmLawInstMar 31