Jane Stapleton Elected Master
ALI Council Member Jane Stapleton has been elected Christ’s College 38th Master, in succession to Professor Frank Kelly CBE FRS, who has been Master since December 2006. In a press release issued by Christ College, Professor Jane Stapleton commented:
Christ’s is widely and rightly renowned for its great tradition of academic excellence and thriving community of scholars, students, administrative and operational staff and alumni. I have been deeply impressed by how the College fosters a very special dynamic of warm support for all its members drawn as they are from many countries and all backgrounds. The College has benefited from outstanding leadership so it is an especial honour and privilege to be elected the next Master. I am eagerly looking forward to working with everyone at Christ’s and its wider alumni community as we encounter the many exciting opportunities the future holds for the College.
Professor Stapleton will take up her post in September 2016. In addition to serving as a member of the Council, she is an Adviser on the Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Liability for Economic Harm project and a member of the Members Consultative Group for the Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons project.
Read more about Professor Stapleton's historic appointment in Lawyers Weekly.
- This Tues., March 2, @lawfareblog and @BrookingsInst are hosting a webinar to discuss the new report, “If It’s Brok… https://t.co/3iyD2yL93N@AmLawInstFeb 27
- President Biden has nominated ALI Council member Anton G. Hajjar to serve on the governing board of the United Stat… https://t.co/HPMFeWigpa@AmLawInstFeb 26
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23