Jeffery Sutton Delives Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor Lecture
On Oct. 15, 2020 Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit delivered the talk “Fifty-One Imperfect Solutions: States and the Making of American Constitutional Law." Judge Sutton is this year’s Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor at the American Academy in Berlin.
In his talk, Judge Sutton examined how U.S. state constitutional law has affected both state and federal law and how it has undermined the balance between state and federal courts in protecting individual liberties while also offering ideas for reform.
Learn more here.
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23
- Tune in to this episode of @UVALaw's "Common Law" podcast to hear ALI members @NaomiCahn, @RisaGoluboff, and… https://t.co/M90tgRzwbA@AmLawInstFeb 23
- ALI member Vincent Rougeau has been named the next president of @holy_cross, effective July 1.… https://t.co/SDPEAjCd6L@AmLawInstFeb 23