Jeffery Sutton Delives Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor Lecture
On Oct. 15, 2020 Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit delivered the talk “Fifty-One Imperfect Solutions: States and the Making of American Constitutional Law." Judge Sutton is this year’s Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor at the American Academy in Berlin.
In his talk, Judge Sutton examined how U.S. state constitutional law has affected both state and federal law and how it has undermined the balance between state and federal courts in protecting individual liberties while also offering ideas for reform.
Learn more here.
- The American Law Institute announces Early Career Scholars: Leah Litman @UMichLaw and Crystal S. Yang @Harvard_Law.… https://t.co/5w6SC60lmr@AmLawInstMar 29
- The spring edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/qZuW19pXbxhttps://t.co/zIB1Nm4Y2W@AmLawInstMar 29
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21