Jeffery Sutton Delives Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor Lecture
On Oct. 15, 2020 Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit delivered the talk “Fifty-One Imperfect Solutions: States and the Making of American Constitutional Law." Judge Sutton is this year’s Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor at the American Academy in Berlin.
In his talk, Judge Sutton examined how U.S. state constitutional law has affected both state and federal law and how it has undermined the balance between state and federal courts in protecting individual liberties while also offering ideas for reform.
Learn more here.
- On the ALI Adviser: This Essay aims to translate federal Indian law and the success of McGirt in order to demonstra… https://t.co/1iJjla9hFY@AmLawInstSep 26
- . @MasonLEC ‘Civil Justice Preview of the Supreme Court’s 2021-2022 Term’ is happening now. John Beisner… https://t.co/EKA4zXjxQv@AmLawInstSep 24
- Michael E. Keasler, retired judge of the @TxCourts of Criminal Appeals, is the 2021 recipient of the… https://t.co/a8MKiXeHVt@AmLawInstSep 24
- Watch ALI President David F. Levi's remarks honoring ALI Council Emeritus Mary Kay Kane. https://t.co/4cyEalC82X@AmLawInstSep 24
- . @POTUS has nominated Kristin N. Johnson @EmoryLaw for Commissioner of @CFTC. https://t.co/B0AhHmHlhbhttps://t.co/HDFvKnG3iZ@AmLawInstSep 23