Jeffery Sutton Delives Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor Lecture
On Oct. 15, 2020 Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit delivered the talk “Fifty-One Imperfect Solutions: States and the Making of American Constitutional Law." Judge Sutton is this year’s Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor at the American Academy in Berlin.
In his talk, Judge Sutton examined how U.S. state constitutional law has affected both state and federal law and how it has undermined the balance between state and federal courts in protecting individual liberties while also offering ideas for reform.
Learn more here.
- . @HighPointU has announced that Mark D. Martin will serve as the founding dean of HPU’s School of Law.… https://t.co/lRp4RaZGTJ@AmLawInstJun 29
- ALI Council member @DonaldAyer6 appeared on @SkullduggeryPod to discuss the #SCOTUS decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Wo… https://t.co/gXFKpe3Bp7@AmLawInstJun 28
- . @rickhasen appeared on the @ConstitutionCtr podcast ‘We The People’ to discuss three election law cases and their… https://t.co/D8BCXEaRPB@AmLawInstJun 27
- . @michelebgoodwin gave the keynote speech at @ACLU_SoCal 2022 Advocates For Justice awards, which honors firms and… https://t.co/n7bn91aQBW@AmLawInstJun 22
- Speaker videos from the 2022 Annual Meeting are now available: https://t.co/BaPpLNzcOohttps://t.co/4v5XxJLv6g@AmLawInstJun 16