Jenny Martinez New Dean of Stanford Law School
Jenny S. Martinez, a scholar of international law and constitutional law who has been a member of the Stanford faculty for more than 15 years, has been named dean of Stanford Law School, effective April 1.
Professor Martinez is a leading expert on the role of courts and tribunals in advancing human rights. She joined Stanford Law School as a faculty member in 2003, served as associate dean for curriculum from 2013 to 2016, and in 2018 chaired a key working group that developed a plan to advance diversity and inclusion in the school.
“I am delighted that Jenny Martinez has agreed to serve as dean of the Stanford Law School,” said Stanford Provost Persis Drell. “She has deep support from her faculty colleagues, students and staff for both her scholarship and her leadership. She brings an enthusiasm for the future of Stanford Law School, and she will be a great addition to the senior leadership of the university.”
Read more here.
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Sherrilyn Ifill, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nath… https://t.co/WRC7BOeiS6@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI member J. Brett Busby on his appointment to the Supreme Court of Texas. Read more on… https://t.co/rpvtQDpVKZ@AmLawInstApr 19
- The Law of American Indians: Indian Country Criminal Jurisdiction. Read more on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/DgMA9YmRTk@AmLawInstApr 19
- Congratulations to ALI members Rachel Barkow, Merrick Garland, Goodwin Liu, Tracey Meares and Nathaniel Persily on… https://t.co/WYV0EQsyKF@AmLawInstApr 19
- This week’s podcast episode of #ReasonablySpeaking deals with consumer contracts, enforceability of terms, and the… https://t.co/otx9wu5nAL@AmLawInstApr 19