Jenny Martinez New Dean of Stanford Law School
Jenny S. Martinez, a scholar of international law and constitutional law who has been a member of the Stanford faculty for more than 15 years, has been named dean of Stanford Law School, effective April 1.
Professor Martinez is a leading expert on the role of courts and tribunals in advancing human rights. She joined Stanford Law School as a faculty member in 2003, served as associate dean for curriculum from 2013 to 2016, and in 2018 chaired a key working group that developed a plan to advance diversity and inclusion in the school.
“I am delighted that Jenny Martinez has agreed to serve as dean of the Stanford Law School,” said Stanford Provost Persis Drell. “She has deep support from her faculty colleagues, students and staff for both her scholarship and her leadership. She brings an enthusiasm for the future of Stanford Law School, and she will be a great addition to the senior leadership of the university.”
Read more here.
- In remembrance of the late John Paul Stevens – Watch Justice Stevens in conversation with his former clerk, and ALI… https://t.co/YsRgWgBW5u@AmLawInstJul 19
- In our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement @Kirkland_Ellis refle… https://t.co/M0FgyYq3kR@AmLawInstJul 19
- Congratulations to ALI member Dr. Heath P. Tarbert on beginning his term as 14th Chairman of @CFTC. Learn more:… https://t.co/edEQRIVUG4@AmLawInstJul 18
- Out now: Part II of “May It Please the Court” with Paul Clement. Check out Part I with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman… https://t.co/S3C9EHGvmj@AmLawInstJul 18
- ALI Council member Jeffrey Sutton was recently featured on @Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History. Judge Sutton di… https://t.co/VUNPWHwSYO@AmLawInstJul 18