JoAnne Epps Named Chair of Philadelphia Police Oversight Board
Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter has appointed ALI Member JoAnne Epps, Dean of Temple University Beasley School of Law, to lead an independent oversight board formed in response to a recent Justice Department report finding that police too often use lethal force, in part because of poor training. Dean Epps has worked with the city and the police department in the past. In 2011 she was appointed by the United States District Court to serve as monitor of the city’s compliance with the settlement of Bailey v. City of Philadelphia, and in 2001 was appointed by former Mayor John Street to serve as chair of the Mayor's Task Force on Police Discipline.
- Available now, “The Restatement and Beyond: The Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Foreign Relations Law.” Edited by… https://t.co/hrjii8dsYT@AmLawInstSep 24
- Now available on The ALI Adviser, @JayFeinman of @RutgersLaw provides "A User’s Guide to the Restatement of the Law… https://t.co/loNjEew8A5@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Paul B. Stephan of @UVALaw has been appointed special counsel to the general counsel of the U.S. Departm… https://t.co/I9X8A3VCyF@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Christiane Wendehorst of the @univienna and president of @ELI_Secretariat has joined the new Global Part… https://t.co/paAGVr7YpM@AmLawInstSep 21
- We mourn the loss of U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, legal icon and trailblazing advocate… https://t.co/QKm7AnoeKo@AmLawInstSep 19