John G. Levi on LSC Disaster Task Force
John G. Levi, chairman of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corp. (LSC) and partner at Sidley Austin, recently co-authored an article with Robert Malionek of Latham & Watkins for Law360 entitled “Civil Legal Aid’s Essential Role in Wildfire Response.” The article details the devastating effects of the California wildfires and the resulting disaster task force created by the LSC, which takes a comprehensive approach to preparing for disasters and provides aid to low income survivors in their recovery.
The task force will establish best practices by drawing on the expertise of first responders and others who work on the ground in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. Gathering insight from regions across the United States, the task force will share knowledge from community to community. By existing in partnership with these communities as well as with legal aid providers, it is “developing a systematic approach to preparing for and responding to the legal needs of low-income Americans who have experienced a disaster.”
Read the full article here.
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19
- #SCOTUS opinion in Gamble v. United States cites Restatement 4th of Foreign Relations Law § 481 and Restatement 2nd… https://t.co/tamGUHav6Z@AmLawInstJun 18
- Nonprofits project Adviser Andrew Grumet @DrinkerBiddle talks with Patrick Rooney @IUPhilanthropy about charitable… https://t.co/JaaNsXdPfG@AmLawInstJun 18
- At this year’s #ALI96 Annual Meeting, ALI membership voted to approve Principles of Data Privacy, marking the compl… https://t.co/k9I2nA5tN3@AmLawInstJun 14