John G. Levi on LSC Disaster Task Force
John G. Levi, chairman of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corp. (LSC) and partner at Sidley Austin, recently co-authored an article with Robert Malionek of Latham & Watkins for Law360 entitled “Civil Legal Aid’s Essential Role in Wildfire Response.” The article details the devastating effects of the California wildfires and the resulting disaster task force created by the LSC, which takes a comprehensive approach to preparing for disasters and provides aid to low income survivors in their recovery.
The task force will establish best practices by drawing on the expertise of first responders and others who work on the ground in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. Gathering insight from regions across the United States, the task force will share knowledge from community to community. By existing in partnership with these communities as well as with legal aid providers, it is “developing a systematic approach to preparing for and responding to the legal needs of low-income Americans who have experienced a disaster.”
Read the full article here.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14