John G. Levi on LSC Disaster Task Force
John G. Levi, chairman of the board of directors of the Legal Services Corp. (LSC) and partner at Sidley Austin, recently co-authored an article with Robert Malionek of Latham & Watkins for Law360 entitled “Civil Legal Aid’s Essential Role in Wildfire Response.” The article details the devastating effects of the California wildfires and the resulting disaster task force created by the LSC, which takes a comprehensive approach to preparing for disasters and provides aid to low income survivors in their recovery.
The task force will establish best practices by drawing on the expertise of first responders and others who work on the ground in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. Gathering insight from regions across the United States, the task force will share knowledge from community to community. By existing in partnership with these communities as well as with legal aid providers, it is “developing a systematic approach to preparing for and responding to the legal needs of low-income Americans who have experienced a disaster.”
Read the full article here.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14