John G. Levi Receives ABA's John Minor Wisdom Award
(Pictured from left to right: ALI members ABA President Bob Carlson, John G. Levi, Kenneth C. Frazier, and ABA Section of Litigation Chair and Palmer Gene Vance.)
On May 2, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin was recognized with the ABA's John Minor Wisdom Public Service and Professionalism Award. The award recognizes those who have made outstanding contributions to the quality of justice in their communities, ensuring that the legal system is open and available to all.
Mr. Levi was presented with the award in recognition of his commitment to access to justice as Chair of the Legal Services Corporation (LSC). LSC is the largest funder of civil legal aid programs for low-income Americans in the USA. The award was presented by Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck at the 2019 Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference.
Read Mr. Levi's remarks on the LSC website.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16