John G. Levi Receives ABA's John Minor Wisdom Award
(Pictured from left to right: ALI members ABA President Bob Carlson, John G. Levi, Kenneth C. Frazier, and ABA Section of Litigation Chair and Palmer Gene Vance.)
On May 2, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin was recognized with the ABA's John Minor Wisdom Public Service and Professionalism Award. The award recognizes those who have made outstanding contributions to the quality of justice in their communities, ensuring that the legal system is open and available to all.
Mr. Levi was presented with the award in recognition of his commitment to access to justice as Chair of the Legal Services Corporation (LSC). LSC is the largest funder of civil legal aid programs for low-income Americans in the USA. The award was presented by Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck at the 2019 Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference.
Read Mr. Levi's remarks on the LSC website.
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19
- #SCOTUS opinion in Gamble v. United States cites Restatement 4th of Foreign Relations Law § 481 and Restatement 2nd… https://t.co/tamGUHav6Z@AmLawInstJun 18
- Nonprofits project Adviser Andrew Grumet @DrinkerBiddle talks with Patrick Rooney @IUPhilanthropy about charitable… https://t.co/JaaNsXdPfG@AmLawInstJun 18
- At this year’s #ALI96 Annual Meeting, ALI membership voted to approve Principles of Data Privacy, marking the compl… https://t.co/k9I2nA5tN3@AmLawInstJun 14