John G. Levi Receives ABA's John Minor Wisdom Award
(Pictured from left to right: ALI members ABA President Bob Carlson, John G. Levi, Kenneth C. Frazier, and ABA Section of Litigation Chair and Palmer Gene Vance.)
On May 2, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin was recognized with the ABA's John Minor Wisdom Public Service and Professionalism Award. The award recognizes those who have made outstanding contributions to the quality of justice in their communities, ensuring that the legal system is open and available to all.
Mr. Levi was presented with the award in recognition of his commitment to access to justice as Chair of the Legal Services Corporation (LSC). LSC is the largest funder of civil legal aid programs for low-income Americans in the USA. The award was presented by Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck at the 2019 Section of Litigation & Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division CLE Conference.
Read Mr. Levi's remarks on the LSC website.
- Listen to Reporters Matthew Fletcher @ILPCTurtleTalk and Wenona Singel discuss the rights of Amer. Indians as both… https://t.co/fgLmgOqjZd@AmLawInstSep 19
- In a recent @lawdotcom article, ALI member Randy Maniloff @WhiteandWil sits down with author and lawyer @HabenGirma… https://t.co/xMDZnDYwin@AmLawInstSep 19
- Did you know that most allotments of Indian reservations were authorized by Acts of Congress and administered by th… https://t.co/ixG1s92qcY@AmLawInstSep 19
- Project participants on Restatement of the Law of American Indians continue work on this Restatement at today's pro… https://t.co/pK28A8H40s@AmLawInstSep 19
- ALI member Mark Killenbeck of @UARKLaw recently delivered a talk entitled “Church and State,” where he outlined the… https://t.co/HcmCqqt4Bh@AmLawInstSep 18