John Skilton Receives Distinguished Service Award
Life Member John S. Skilton of Perkins Coie has been honored with the Charles L. Goldberg Distinguished Service Award from the Wisconsin Law Foundation.
The award, presented to Mr. Skilton on October 18 at the Annual Recognition Dinner in Milwaukee, is the Wisconsin Law Foundation’s highest honor, and recognizes a lawyer for lifetime service to the legal profession and to the public. Nominees for the award are judged based upon their accomplishments in the law, service to the profession and service to the community as a whole over an entire career.
Mr. Skilton has more than 45 years of experience as a trial lawyer and has managed complex commercial, antitrust, patent and intellectual property, dealer and distribution, contract, product liability, and constitutional including First Amendment disputes. In the past 30 years, he has concentrated his practice on patent litigation, in which he has tried more than a dozen patent cases and litigated numerous pro bono cases involving civil rights, prisoners’ rights, and constitutional issues.
Read the full press release.
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Christopher Schroeder for Assistant Attorney Genera… https://t.co/JDpSucT1zq@AmLawInstApr 15
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Anne Milgram for Administrator of the Drug Enforcem… https://t.co/r3dAE62EOI@AmLawInstApr 14
- Henry E. Smith and John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law discuss the connection property torts has to both Restatements o… https://t.co/7rqHgpADZl@AmLawInstApr 12
- Margaret Marshall @ChoateLLP, ALI Council Emeritus and former Mass. Supreme Judicial Court chief justice, to receiv… https://t.co/rEHuMwSYpg@AmLawInstApr 10
- ALI Council member Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the California Supreme Court will join a panel discussion with ALI… https://t.co/agpeeIMSzL@AmLawInstApr 9