Katheleen Guzman Is Dean of University of Oklahoma College of Law
Katheleen R. Guzman has been appointed dean of the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where she has served as interim dean since June 2019. She is the first woman to serve in full capacity as dean. Guzman has been a member of the law faculty since 1993, teaching numerous courses on property. She was named MAPCO/Williams Presidential Professor in 2000 and the Earl Sneed Centennial Professor of Law in 2015.
“An award-winning educator, longtime faculty member and devoted mentor, Katheleen Guzman knows firsthand what it takes to succeed in the legal profession,” said OU President Joseph Harroz Jr. “Her enthusiasm for our students, passion for the pursuit of scholarly excellence and widespread admiration among her peers make her an outstanding choice to lead the College of Law. I am confident that under her leadership, the college will continue its forward momentum in preparing students to excel as lawyers, advocates and leaders.”
Read more about the appointment here.
- Jaynee LaVecchia @mccarterenglish will receive the 2022 New Jersey State Bar Foundation Medal of Honor, given annua… https://t.co/JTArMmOeIJ@AmLawInstAug 17
- Matthew L.M. Fletcher will join the faculty of @UMichLaw as the Harry Burns Hutchins Collegiate Professor of Law th… https://t.co/N8dQNWWnH2@AmLawInstAug 16
- Deborah Enix-Ross @Debevoise has been sworn in as president of the ABA. https://t.co/4nGhEsQGxXhttps://t.co/u3sYEeOxQr@AmLawInstAug 16
- The abstract of 'Off-Reservation Treaty Hunting Rights, the Restatement, and the Stevens Treaties' is available on… https://t.co/WIYZ4Isz6O@AmLawInstAug 15
- . @verna_williams will join @EJW_org as their next CEO effective September 19. https://t.co/Xmx2eXzMG9https://t.co/ssnPWMchAs@AmLawInstAug 15