Kelly Dermody and Judith McConnell Honored with ABA Brent Award
2019 Margaret Brent Award recipients (left to right): ALI member Judith McConnell, Julie A. Su, Raquel Aldana, Michelle Banks, and ALI member Kelly M. Dermody
Kelly M. Dermody of Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein and Judith D. McConnell of the California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One were among the women honored with the 2019 ABA Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award at the ABA’s Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
Named for Margaret Brent, the first woman lawyer in America, the ABA Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award honors outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and have paved the way for others.
The five honorees “shine brightly as examples of what true devotion to the advancement of women in our profession looks like,” said ABA President Judy Perry Martinez. “This work matters. Your efforts are noticed. What you do moves the needle.”
Read more and view videos of their acceptance speeches here.
- WATCH LIVE: @ConstitutionCtr's 2020 #SCOTUS review, featuring ALI members Erwin Chemerinsky @BerkeleyLaw, Paul Clem… https://t.co/Jm3evD3L4y@AmLawInstAug 4
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30