Kelly Dermody and Judith McConnell Honored with ABA Brent Award
2019 Margaret Brent Award recipients (left to right): ALI member Judith McConnell, Julie A. Su, Raquel Aldana, Michelle Banks, and ALI member Kelly M. Dermody
Kelly M. Dermody of Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein and Judith D. McConnell of the California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One were among the women honored with the 2019 ABA Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award at the ABA’s Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
Named for Margaret Brent, the first woman lawyer in America, the ABA Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award honors outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and have paved the way for others.
The five honorees “shine brightly as examples of what true devotion to the advancement of women in our profession looks like,” said ABA President Judy Perry Martinez. “This work matters. Your efforts are noticed. What you do moves the needle.”
Read more and view videos of their acceptance speeches here.
- In "Toward Clearer Guidance on Drafting Principles of the Law," ALI Director Richard Revesz ( @nyulaw) addresses thr… https://t.co/wLOBgpTXZE@AmLawInstNov 12
- ALI member and President/CEO of @ConstitutionCtr Jeffrey Rosen has published a new book ‘Conversations with RBG: Ru… https://t.co/HywD3H0qGU@AmLawInstNov 8
- In "Toward Clearer Guidance on Drafting Principles of the Law," ALI Director Richard Revesz ( @nyulaw) addresses thr… https://t.co/khURnKl8E4@AmLawInstNov 7
- ALI member and #SCOTUS Associate Justice Elena Kagan recently sat down in conversation with @UofMNLawSchool Prof. R… https://t.co/0jJN9wUnvh@AmLawInstNov 5
- #SCOTUS Associate Justice Ginsburg recently delivered the Herma Hill Kay Memorial Lecture at @BerkeleyLaw. The even… https://t.co/Sxu5uNFXDY@AmLawInstNov 4