Kelly Dermody and Judith McConnell Honored with ABA Brent Award
2019 Margaret Brent Award recipients (left to right): ALI member Judith McConnell, Julie A. Su, Raquel Aldana, Michelle Banks, and ALI member Kelly M. Dermody
Kelly M. Dermody of Lieff, Cabraser, Heimann & Bernstein and Judith D. McConnell of the California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One were among the women honored with the 2019 ABA Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award at the ABA’s Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
Named for Margaret Brent, the first woman lawyer in America, the ABA Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award honors outstanding women lawyers who have achieved professional excellence in their area of specialty and have paved the way for others.
The five honorees “shine brightly as examples of what true devotion to the advancement of women in our profession looks like,” said ABA President Judy Perry Martinez. “This work matters. Your efforts are noticed. What you do moves the needle.”
Read more and view videos of their acceptance speeches here.
- Latest bobblehead from The Green Bag ( @GB2d) honors ALI Council member, politician, and prominent civil rights atto… https://t.co/qKuQhcJRnV@AmLawInstSep 14
- Project meeting discussion continues on Integrity of the Process: Confidentiality, Disclosure, Retaliation. Listen… https://t.co/1FNxshx1Ao@AmLawInstSep 13
- Live from today’s Principles project meeting – Participants, with Reporters Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Suzanne… https://t.co/ajouP8fGc2@AmLawInstSep 13
- Pennsylvania’s highest court grapples with the difficult question currently facing many other courts around the cou… https://t.co/36jyRKvN9L@AmLawInstSep 13
- #TBT to our @ALI_CLE program at our #ALI96 Annual Meeting “Duty to Whom? Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Gov. Lawyers… https://t.co/xDPFBXXLNE@AmLawInstSep 12