Ken Gallant Presides at Meetings to Form ICCBA
On June 30 and July 1, 2016, Professor Kenneth S. Gallant of the Univeristy of Arkansas, Little Rock presided at meetings of lawyers at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands, which created a Bar Association for the International Criminal Court.
The first meeting adopted a Constitution for the new International Criminal Court Bar Association (ICCBA). The second was the initial General Assembly of the ICCBA, which elected Officers and Committee Members for the new Association. For each meeting, electronic voting allowed lawyers on the List of Counsel for the International Criminal Court and on the List of Assistants to Counsel to vote from anywhere in the world.
Professor Gallant had previously been a member of the Drafting Committee to prepare the draft Constitution and was a member of the Interim Board of the ICCBA—a position that concluded with the election of officers at the first General Assembly. This work grew out of a presentation that Professor Gallant and other lawyers from a number of countries made on Organizing a Bar or Bar Association for the International Criminal Court, at the Experts’ Conference on Organization of Counsel, sponsored by the Registry of the International Criminal Court, The Hague, Netherlands, March 24-25, 2015.
Professor Gallant is also a member of the Executive Committee of the International Criminal Bar, an independent organization of lawyers and Bars from around the world which has advocated for projects like the ICCBA to support and improve representation of accused persons and victims at the ICC.
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22