Kenneth Simons to Receive 2019 Prosser Award from AALS
Kenneth W. Simons of UC Irvine School of Law was named the recipient of the 2019 William L. Prosser Award by the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section on Torts and Compensation Systems. Professor Simons serves as Reporter for ALI’s current project, Restatement Third of Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons. He is a leading scholar at the intersection of torts, criminal law, and philosophy.
“Ken Simons is well-deserving of this tremendous recognition,” said UCI Law Dean L. Song Richardson. “He is one of the most important scholars in the Torts field, a remarkable teacher and mentor to our students, and a well-respected, beloved colleague.”
The Prosser Award recognizes “outstanding contributions of law teachers in scholarship, teaching and service” related to tort law and compensation systems. Professor Simons will receive the award at the AALS Annual Meeting in January 2019.
Read more here.
- Charitable Nonprofits project is in session. Project participants discuss solicitation, restrictions on charitable… https://t.co/BxZCnnarZu@AmLawInstSep 21
- Watch “ALI’s Drafting Process Educating the Next Generation of Lawyers” @jill_horwitz@UCLA_Lawhttps://t.co/Qn3udmOcQp@AmLawInstSep 20
- A quote from our 1st Director, William Draper Lewis: “The preparation of an adequate Restatement of any Subject is… https://t.co/yhc5syWNMO@AmLawInstSep 20
- Read "Decarceration Strategies: How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions" on The ALI Adviser https://t.co/J0x0h6jiXt@AmLawInstSep 20
- As we continue our project meetings this fall we want to share some information about the important work that takes… https://t.co/7faFKELh4T@AmLawInstSep 19