Kenneth Simons to Receive 2019 Prosser Award from AALS
Kenneth W. Simons of UC Irvine School of Law was named the recipient of the 2019 William L. Prosser Award by the Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Section on Torts and Compensation Systems. Professor Simons serves as Reporter for ALI’s current project, Restatement Third of Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons. He is a leading scholar at the intersection of torts, criminal law, and philosophy.
“Ken Simons is well-deserving of this tremendous recognition,” said UCI Law Dean L. Song Richardson. “He is one of the most important scholars in the Torts field, a remarkable teacher and mentor to our students, and a well-respected, beloved colleague.”
The Prosser Award recognizes “outstanding contributions of law teachers in scholarship, teaching and service” related to tort law and compensation systems. Professor Simons will receive the award at the AALS Annual Meeting in January 2019.
Read more here.
- Read more on the press release issued today by the U.S. Department of Education on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/SKFoHyZwNe@AmLawInstNov 16
- Day 2 of the Student Sexual Misconduct Principles meeting with Reporter Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Associate Re… https://t.co/7D7svcf1h6@AmLawInstNov 16
- No #snowday for our project participants at today’s Student Sexual Misconduct Meeting. Moving along Day 1 of this 2… https://t.co/bTLvHKk1bD@AmLawInstNov 15
- #TBT to last week’s Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws meeting. Joining the discussion were several Reporters /Cha… https://t.co/ahact5w1kB@AmLawInstNov 15
- CU Boulder American Indian Law Clinic Wants North Dakota's Reservation voters to be heard. Read more on The ALI Adv… https://t.co/qKflf6cAHm@AmLawInstNov 15