Kevin Washburn Named Dean of University of Iowa Law School
Kevin K. Washburn of the University of Mexico School of Law has been named the N. William Hines dean of the University of Iowa College of Law. His term will begin June 15.
“Kevin brings an exceptional set of skills and experience to the College of Law,” says Sue Curry, UI interim executive vice president and provost, who announced the appointment. “He has a strong vision for the college’s continued advancement and is well positioned to move the school forward by creating new and innovative opportunities to learn, teach, and serve.”
Professor Washburn will be the 18th dean of Iowa Law, and is the former dean of UNM Law (July 2009 to October 2012). He served as the Assistant Secretary to the Bureau of Indian Affairs (October 2012 to January 2016). In that role, he was the principal advisor to the Secretary of the Interior and President of the United States on matters involving tribal nations and served as the principal link between the federal government and the country’s 567 tribal nations.
Read the full University of Iowa announcement.
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18
- Read about technology, corporate compliance, and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act on The ALI Adviser. @AILawBlog… https://t.co/YOxNfrT02L@AmLawInstOct 18