L. Song Richardson Named Dean of UCI Law
L. Song Richardson is the new dean of the University of California, Irvine School of Law, having served as interim dean from July to December 2017. Dean Richardson is the only woman of color to serve as a dean among U.S. News & World Report’s top 30 law schools.
She joined the UCI Law faculty in 2014 and served as UCI Law’s senior associate dean for academic affairs from 2016 to 2017. Dean Richardson previously held law professorships at DePaul University, American University and the University of Iowa. Before that, she was a partner at a boutique criminal law firm, worked as a state and federal public defender in Seattle, and served as an assistant counsel at the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.
Read the full UCI article.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29