Lady Justice: Women of the Supreme Court
ALI members Bridget M. McCormack of the Michigan Supreme Court and Eva M. Guzman of the Supreme Court of Texas, along with Rhonda Wood of the Arkansas Supreme Court and Beth Walker of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, have launched a new podcast, Lady Justice: Women of the Supreme Court.
In each episode, the justices discuss their experiences, the law and its real-world implications.
From the podcast description:
When we talk about ‘the Constitution’ or ‘the Supreme Court,’ people are generally referring to the U.S. Constitution and the U.S. Supreme Court. Yet so many aspects of our daily lives are governed by our state’s laws and our state’s constitution.
Lady Justice: Women of the Court focuses on our nation’s state courts. That is where the vast majority of cases, more than 90 percent, are heard. If they are appealed, state courts often serve as the final arbiters on the issues that are raised.
The justices hope listeners will get to know them as people outside of the courtroom.
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13
- ALI members Sherrilyn Ifill ( @Sifill_LDF) of @NAACP_LDF and Pamela S. Karlan ( @karlan_pam) of @StanfordLaw are amon… https://t.co/HuYOGqECf4@AmLawInstJan 12