'The Law of the Police' by Rachel Harmon
In The Law of the Police (Wolters Kluwer), Rachel A. Harmon of UVA Law takes on the question of how the law shapes police-citizen encounters and how the law might be leveraged to make policing serve the public better. This is the first casebook to look at the laws that govern police conduct in the United States.
Harmon serves as Associate Reporter of Principles of the Law, Policing. At UVA Law, she directs the Center for Criminal Justice, and teaches in the areas of criminal law and procedure, policing and civil rights.
Learn more here.
Harmon discusses her new book in the below video (video courtesy of UVA Law).
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Christopher Schroeder for Assistant Attorney Genera… https://t.co/JDpSucT1zq@AmLawInstApr 15
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Anne Milgram for Administrator of the Drug Enforcem… https://t.co/r3dAE62EOI@AmLawInstApr 14
- Henry E. Smith and John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law discuss the connection property torts has to both Restatements o… https://t.co/7rqHgpADZl@AmLawInstApr 12
- Margaret Marshall @ChoateLLP, ALI Council Emeritus and former Mass. Supreme Judicial Court chief justice, to receiv… https://t.co/rEHuMwSYpg@AmLawInstApr 10
- ALI Council member Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the California Supreme Court will join a panel discussion with ALI… https://t.co/agpeeIMSzL@AmLawInstApr 9