Law360 Interview with Sheila Birnbaum
In a recent Law360 interview, Sheila L. Birnbaum of Dechertdiscusses the changes in product liability laws she has seen over her career, her proudest achievement as a lawyer, her most difficult cases, and more.
Ms. Birnbaum is co-chair of Dechert’s product liability and mass torts practice and focuses on complex product liability, mass torts and insurance litigation. She is one of the country’s preeminent product liability defense lawyers, having served as national counsel or lead defense counsel for numerous Fortune 500 companies in some of the largest and most complex tort cases in the United States. She has also argued many influential appeals in appellate courts across the United States, including the U.S. Supreme Court.
When asked what advice she would give to younger attorneys she said,
“Stay in it. Stick in it. It's challenging and interesting. I never remember having a dull day. Learn both the practical skills, the litigating skills that you have to bring to it, the science, the substantive law. It will always be a field of law that is exciting, interesting and challenging, so stick with it and learn it, because you’ll always enjoy it.”
Read the full interview here [subscription required].
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29