Law360 Interview with Sheila Birnbaum
In a recent Law360 interview, Sheila L. Birnbaum of Dechertdiscusses the changes in product liability laws she has seen over her career, her proudest achievement as a lawyer, her most difficult cases, and more.
Ms. Birnbaum is co-chair of Dechert’s product liability and mass torts practice and focuses on complex product liability, mass torts and insurance litigation. She is one of the country’s preeminent product liability defense lawyers, having served as national counsel or lead defense counsel for numerous Fortune 500 companies in some of the largest and most complex tort cases in the United States. She has also argued many influential appeals in appellate courts across the United States, including the U.S. Supreme Court.
When asked what advice she would give to younger attorneys she said,
“Stay in it. Stick in it. It's challenging and interesting. I never remember having a dull day. Learn both the practical skills, the litigating skills that you have to bring to it, the science, the substantive law. It will always be a field of law that is exciting, interesting and challenging, so stick with it and learn it, because you’ll always enjoy it.”
Read the full interview here [subscription required].
- Christopher Drahozal @kuLawschool lays out grounds for vacatur of U.S. Convention awards at today’s… https://t.co/j3o7wFKahG@AmLawInstNov 20
- NY Arbitration Week begins with a program on Restatement of Int’l Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration… https://t.co/KMIjXA61Fg@AmLawInstNov 20
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/7cQyN5uW9R@AmLawInstNov 18
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/SHUTQadnPY@AmLawInstNov 18
- ALI member Judge Richard Gergel recently sat down with ALI President David F. Levi of @DukeLaw to discuss his book… https://t.co/xzWDLwDmFP@AmLawInstNov 18