Lawdragon Highlights Ward Farnsworth
Lawdragon interviewed Texas Law Dean Ward Farnsworth in a lively conversation about his publications, deanship, and the resulting impact of his passion, dedication and good nature on the school’s success.
Lawdragon interviewer Katrina Dewey spoke to Dean Farnsworth about living and working in Austin, law school economics, teaching methods, and more.
When asked about the high morale on campus at Texas Law, Dean Farnsworth replied,
“… We don’t think high morale happens by accident, so we make a priority of it. We try to put more energy than most schools do into relationships – between students and students, students and faculty, students and alumni. All of our students get a student mentor. All of them get an alumni mentor. All of them get a faculty advisor. We put them into societies that do fun things and pro bono projects together. We tell them from the time they get here that good relationships will probably be the story of their careers and their happiness, and try to help make them happen. Being in Austin helps, too.”
Read the full interview here.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14