Linda Greene Selected as MSU College of Law Inaugural Dean
Linda S. Greene has been selected as the inaugural dean of the MSU College of Law, effective June 1, pending approval by the Michigan State University Board of Trustees.
Professor Greene comes to MSU Law from the University of Wisconsin–Madison School of Law, where she joined the faculty in 1989 as a full professor and holds the Evjue-Bascom Professorship. She was a visiting professor at both Georgetown University Law Center and Harvard Law School. At Harvard, she was the first African American woman to teach at the law school.
“It will be a great honor to serve as the next dean of the Michigan State University College of Law and to continue the great work of previous leaders and members of faculty,” said Professor Greene. “I have been blessed with experience at a sister land-grant university that shares MSU’s commitment to rigorous intellectual endeavor and service to the broader community. I’m honored by the opportunity to lead the College of Law at this exciting moment in its history. I look forward to raising the visibility of the College of Law’s excellence and collaborating on new ventures that will benefit the college and its stakeholders, the university, and the state.”
Professor Greene’s scholarship focuses on constitutional law, civil rights law and sports law, where she has written extensively on the intersections between athletics and equality.
Learn more here.
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3