Linda Klein Elected ABA President
Linda Klein of Baker Donelson is the new president of the American Bar Association and will serve a one-year term ending in August 2017. The announcement came at the conclusion of the ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
"It is an honor and privilege to lead this great association. I have dedicated my career to the law and the legal profession. As president of the ABA, I will continue the Association's work to advance justice throughout our country," Ms. Klein said.
During her term as president, Ms. Klein will focus on improving access to justice and providing legal assistance for our nation's veterans. The new ABA Commission on Veterans' Legal Services will create a comprehensive online resource to address legal needs specific to veterans and their families, highlighting relevant local resources for assistance. The commission will also work with law schools and bar associations to improve the availability of affordable legal services through the use of new and under-employed lawyers and with Veterans Administration medical facilities to promote legal check-ups for veterans, their families and caregivers. She will also emphasize two civic initiatives: one that mobilizes ABA resources to promote voting in the upcoming elections and another that will support the rights of all children to a quality education.
Read the complete press relese issued by Baker Donelson.
- Kenneth Frazier’s New York Times Interview https://t.co/f9XT9VXU9t@AmLawInstFeb 22
- Supporting graduate student survivors of sexual misconduct https://t.co/oa92ZVfYl0@AmLawInstFeb 22
- Not-for-Profit Compliance: Doing More With Less - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/XzdaMdn9jV@AmLawInstFeb 21
- Kenneth Gallant Named Ben J. Altheimer Professor of Law https://t.co/vdoYiOXsUe@AmLawInstFeb 21
- The 95th Annual Meeting will be held at The Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC. May 21-23 https://t.co/l1prITxrUjhttps://t.co/bMHbCATDHp@AmLawInstFeb 15