Linda Klein Elected ABA President
Linda Klein of Baker Donelson is the new president of the American Bar Association and will serve a one-year term ending in August 2017. The announcement came at the conclusion of the ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
"It is an honor and privilege to lead this great association. I have dedicated my career to the law and the legal profession. As president of the ABA, I will continue the Association's work to advance justice throughout our country," Ms. Klein said.
During her term as president, Ms. Klein will focus on improving access to justice and providing legal assistance for our nation's veterans. The new ABA Commission on Veterans' Legal Services will create a comprehensive online resource to address legal needs specific to veterans and their families, highlighting relevant local resources for assistance. The commission will also work with law schools and bar associations to improve the availability of affordable legal services through the use of new and under-employed lawyers and with Veterans Administration medical facilities to promote legal check-ups for veterans, their families and caregivers. She will also emphasize two civic initiatives: one that mobilizes ABA resources to promote voting in the upcoming elections and another that will support the rights of all children to a quality education.
Read the complete press relese issued by Baker Donelson.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14