Linda Klein Honored with 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award
Linda A. Klein of Baker Donelson was honored with the 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award, presented by the State Bar of Georgia during its Fall Meeting. She received the award in recognition of her leadership in mobilizing lawyers on behalf of enhanced legal services for the nation’s veterans.
As president of the ABA (2016-17), Ms. Klein launched a nationwide Veterans Legal Services initiative, led by a 20-member volunteer commission that is building a comprehensive online resource to inform veterans of legal issues that could affect them and directs veterans to local resources and legal services providers.
Ms. Klein served as the first woman president of the State Bar of Georgia (1998-99). During her term, she worked with legal services providers and community organizations to successfully lobby the Georgia General Assembly for a first-ever state appropriation of funding for legal services, in response to federal cuts that threatened to disproportionately affect victims of domestic violence.
Read more here.
Watch Ms. Klein’s remarks from ALI’s 2017 Annual Meeting.
- An article for Law360 entitled “Risk Assessment Tools Are Not A Failed ‘Minority Report’” discusses the use of risk… https://t.co/Uvl8loyfUL@AmLawInstAug 16
- In the episode "Creating a Strong Corporate Compliance Program" on #ReasonablySpeaking Ivan Fong @3M and Lori Marti… https://t.co/QSNb5DmRDV@AmLawInstAug 15
- Congratulations to ALI member Judy Martinez @SPSR_Law, who will serve as the 2019-2020 @ABAesq President. Read mo… https://t.co/3WCNXKGS0W@AmLawInstAug 15
- The 5th Cir. recently overturned the Northern District of Texas with strong language supporting ICWA. Read more abo… https://t.co/kbAc2CaFXb@AmLawInstAug 15
- Listen now to “Protecting Children in Criminal Procedures” on #ReasonablySpeaking featuring Marsha Levick… https://t.co/3YaaPICf1Y@AmLawInstAug 14