Linda Klein Honored with 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award
Linda A. Klein of Baker Donelson was honored with the 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award, presented by the State Bar of Georgia during its Fall Meeting. She received the award in recognition of her leadership in mobilizing lawyers on behalf of enhanced legal services for the nation’s veterans.
As president of the ABA (2016-17), Ms. Klein launched a nationwide Veterans Legal Services initiative, led by a 20-member volunteer commission that is building a comprehensive online resource to inform veterans of legal issues that could affect them and directs veterans to local resources and legal services providers.
Ms. Klein served as the first woman president of the State Bar of Georgia (1998-99). During her term, she worked with legal services providers and community organizations to successfully lobby the Georgia General Assembly for a first-ever state appropriation of funding for legal services, in response to federal cuts that threatened to disproportionately affect victims of domestic violence.
Read more here.
Watch Ms. Klein’s remarks from ALI’s 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Sara Bronin @UConnLaw explores how zoning codes define both the family and the “functional family” on The ALI Advis… https://t.co/bzM6Sj8pTr@AmLawInstJan 16
- Avi Gesser and Molly Clarke @DavisPolkReg share their thoughts on “What the Last Year of Cyber Enforcement Tells Us… https://t.co/MUEGqXY202@AmLawInstJan 13
- Today marks the first day of #SCOTUS oral arguments in 2020. Learn more about what it’s like to argue before the na… https://t.co/TxL8DgQ7JA@AmLawInstJan 13
- Paul Stephan @UVALaw shares his thoughts on “Foreign Relations and the City.” The essay was prepared for the Worksh… https://t.co/tLwhJa6xPJ@AmLawInstJan 10
- Margaret H. Marshall, Senior Fellow of the Yale Corporation and Senior Counsel at @ChoateLLP, will sit down in conv… https://t.co/jhNrw1278B@AmLawInstJan 9