Linda Klein Honored with 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award
Linda A. Klein of Baker Donelson was honored with the 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award, presented by the State Bar of Georgia during its Fall Meeting. She received the award in recognition of her leadership in mobilizing lawyers on behalf of enhanced legal services for the nation’s veterans.
As president of the ABA (2016-17), Ms. Klein launched a nationwide Veterans Legal Services initiative, led by a 20-member volunteer commission that is building a comprehensive online resource to inform veterans of legal issues that could affect them and directs veterans to local resources and legal services providers.
Ms. Klein served as the first woman president of the State Bar of Georgia (1998-99). During her term, she worked with legal services providers and community organizations to successfully lobby the Georgia General Assembly for a first-ever state appropriation of funding for legal services, in response to federal cuts that threatened to disproportionately affect victims of domestic violence.
Read more here.
Watch Ms. Klein’s remarks from ALI’s 2017 Annual Meeting.
- For almost 50 years, the Boskey Motion has allowed ALI to honor its bicameral voting requirements without excessive… https://t.co/uj9lo3ndRa@AmLawInstJan 16
- Council Meetings are an important time for the Institute. Learn more about Council and the different stages of the… https://t.co/hEeEb4pdSn@AmLawInstJan 15
- This week is all about prep for our January Council meeting. The primary functions of ALI’s Council include determi… https://t.co/rYmFuMhtM3@AmLawInstJan 14
- #TBT to last year’s January Council Meeting. ALI Council will meet next week to review drafts from six current proj… https://t.co/UEqBvNAdsG@AmLawInstJan 10
- The first issue of The ALI Reporter, our membership newsletter, was published in October 1978. Since then the publi… https://t.co/7Eou3Ycbtw@AmLawInstJan 8