Linda Klein Honored with 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award
Linda A. Klein of Baker Donelson was honored with the 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award, presented by the State Bar of Georgia during its Fall Meeting. She received the award in recognition of her leadership in mobilizing lawyers on behalf of enhanced legal services for the nation’s veterans.
As president of the ABA (2016-17), Ms. Klein launched a nationwide Veterans Legal Services initiative, led by a 20-member volunteer commission that is building a comprehensive online resource to inform veterans of legal issues that could affect them and directs veterans to local resources and legal services providers.
Ms. Klein served as the first woman president of the State Bar of Georgia (1998-99). During her term, she worked with legal services providers and community organizations to successfully lobby the Georgia General Assembly for a first-ever state appropriation of funding for legal services, in response to federal cuts that threatened to disproportionately affect victims of domestic violence.
Read more here.
Watch Ms. Klein’s remarks from ALI’s 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14