Linda Klein Honored with 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award
Linda A. Klein of Baker Donelson was honored with the 2018 Marshall-Tuttle Award, presented by the State Bar of Georgia during its Fall Meeting. She received the award in recognition of her leadership in mobilizing lawyers on behalf of enhanced legal services for the nation’s veterans.
As president of the ABA (2016-17), Ms. Klein launched a nationwide Veterans Legal Services initiative, led by a 20-member volunteer commission that is building a comprehensive online resource to inform veterans of legal issues that could affect them and directs veterans to local resources and legal services providers.
Ms. Klein served as the first woman president of the State Bar of Georgia (1998-99). During her term, she worked with legal services providers and community organizations to successfully lobby the Georgia General Assembly for a first-ever state appropriation of funding for legal services, in response to federal cuts that threatened to disproportionately affect victims of domestic violence.
Read more here.
Watch Ms. Klein’s remarks from ALI’s 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Carol F. Lee, ALI Council member and @YaleLawSch alum, received ALI's Distinguished Service Award at this year’s An… https://t.co/zaujOzsFVV@AmLawInstJun 21
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?”– In this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennif… https://t.co/vZhmSudUsX@AmLawInstJun 20
- Watch @MWildeAnderson of @StanfordLaw discuss her scholarship on geographically concentrated poverty and the growin… https://t.co/llJCVNaAv4@AmLawInstJun 20
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19