Lindsay Robertson Receives University Award
Lindsay G. Robertson of the University of Oklahoma College of Law received the Regents’ Award at the university’s annual event, “A Tribute to the Faculty.”
“Lindsay is one our college’s greatest champions for service and outreach,” said OU College of Law Dean Joseph Harroz Jr. “He applies a laser-focus to creating opportunities for our students to gain a greater understanding of the law and of the human condition. He has an irrepressible desire to help others, and he routinely fosters meaningful relationships within the university, our state and nation and global communities along the way. His model of service through leadership is a great asset to OU and to our college.”
Professor Robertson was Private Sector Advisor to the U.S. Department of State delegations to the Working Groups on the U.N. Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (2004-06) and the American Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (2004-07). From 2010 to 2012, he was a member of the U.S Department of State Advisory Committee on International Law. In 2014, he served as advisor on indigenous peoples law to the Chair of the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. He has spoken widely on international and comparative indigenous peoples law issues in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Asia. In 2014, Professor Robertson was the first recipient of OU’s David L. Boren Award for Outstanding Global Engagement.
Read the OU College of Law press release for more information.
- . @uarizonalaw has created the Robert H. Mundheim Professorship of Law and Business, an endowed professorship to hon… https://t.co/ngP2XZI1B0@AmLawInstAug 10
- Palmer Gene Vance II @skofirm is chair of @ABAhod, the policymaking body of the American Bar Association. He will s… https://t.co/gZGBnyfULs@AmLawInstAug 9
- Paul B. Stephan @pbstephan3 was interviewed for an article in @rollcall where he discussed the constitutionality ar… https://t.co/AEFwGGKWrP@AmLawInstAug 5
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/PQEAMEUjh2https://t.co/zfL5cTA2s5@AmLawInstAug 5
- . @UCLA_Law has launched the ‘Safeguarding Democracy Project’ with @rickhasen as director. Learn more about the proj… https://t.co/2Lw94lzkge@AmLawInstAug 4