Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape
On April 4, the American Branch of the International Law Association will join with the Center on Transnational Business and the Law at Georgetown University Law Center for a conference on Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape.
David P. Stewart, Reporter for the Restatement Fourth, Foreign Relations Law of the United States, will join fellow ALI members Mark A. Cymrot of Baker Hostetler, Harold Hongju Koh of Yale Law School, and Michael Mattler of the U.S. Dept. of State at the conference.
Panel Discussion: Recent Developments in U.S. Treaty Law and Practice
Moderator: Prof. David P. Stewart, Georgetown University Law Center
Speakers: Margaret Taylor, Chief Counsel, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Prof. Peggy McGuinness, St. John’s University School of Law; Mark A. Cymrot, Partner, Baker Hostetler; Michael Mattler, Assistant Legal Adviser, U.S. Dept. of State
Keynote: Jessica Tuchman Mathews, Distinguished Fellow (and former President), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Panel Discussion: Litigating Foreign Relations Law in the Trump Administratio
Moderator: Prof. Paul Dubinsky, Wayne State University Law School
Speakers: Prof. (and former Dean) Harold Hongju Koh, Yale Law School; Prof. Jean Galbraith, University of Pennsylvania Law School; Visiting Prof. Douglas Letter, Georgetown University Law Center
Learn more about the event.
- Non-fungible tokens—or NFTs, as they are better known—have taken the world by storm. ALI members Juliet M. Moringie… https://t.co/6bCDQUfQ8N@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @UCLA_Law has established the ‘Program on Philanthropy and Nonprofits,’ with Reporter for Restatement of the Law,… https://t.co/UOGp01sbHL@AmLawInstOct 22
- Sharon Stern Gerstman of Magavern Magavern Grimm has been appointed to the New York State Joint Commission on Publi… https://t.co/t6q3tNc6TC@AmLawInstOct 21
- #TBT Torts was one of the first Restatements completed by ALI. Until now, medical malpractice has never been includ… https://t.co/HTpbxyB8dK@AmLawInstOct 21
- ALI Council meeting begins today with discussion of the Corporate Governance Restatement; discussion led by ALI Cou… https://t.co/f7DxIIlrq7@AmLawInstOct 21