Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape
On April 4, the American Branch of the International Law Association will join with the Center on Transnational Business and the Law at Georgetown University Law Center for a conference on Litigating Foreign Relations Law in a Changing Treaty Landscape.
David P. Stewart, Reporter for the Restatement Fourth, Foreign Relations Law of the United States, will join fellow ALI members Mark A. Cymrot of Baker Hostetler, Harold Hongju Koh of Yale Law School, and Michael Mattler of the U.S. Dept. of State at the conference.
Panel Discussion: Recent Developments in U.S. Treaty Law and Practice
Moderator: Prof. David P. Stewart, Georgetown University Law Center
Speakers: Margaret Taylor, Chief Counsel, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Prof. Peggy McGuinness, St. John’s University School of Law; Mark A. Cymrot, Partner, Baker Hostetler; Michael Mattler, Assistant Legal Adviser, U.S. Dept. of State
Keynote: Jessica Tuchman Mathews, Distinguished Fellow (and former President), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Panel Discussion: Litigating Foreign Relations Law in the Trump Administratio
Moderator: Prof. Paul Dubinsky, Wayne State University Law School
Speakers: Prof. (and former Dean) Harold Hongju Koh, Yale Law School; Prof. Jean Galbraith, University of Pennsylvania Law School; Visiting Prof. Douglas Letter, Georgetown University Law Center
Learn more about the event.
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22