M. Margaret McKeown Delivers 35th Annual Nathaniel L. Nathanson Memorial Lecture
On Jan. 22, M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit delivered the 35th Nathaniel L. Nathanson Memorial Lecture at The University of San Diego School of Law on “The Trees are Still Standing: The Backstory of Justice William O. Douglas as a Citizen Justice and Environmentalist.”
This lecture series was established in 1984 to honor Nathaniel L. Nathanson, an esteemed law professor who devoted his life to the law and legal education. The series brings distinguished speakers to the University of San Diego to discuss issues of national significance.
Judge McKeown has served on the Ninth Circuit since 1998. She has lectured and taught extensively on constitutional law, international law, human rights law, intellectual property, litigation, ethics, and judicial administration in Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
Read more here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2