M. Margaret McKeown Receives 2017 Legacy of Leadership Award
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit judge M. Margaret McKeown was presented with The White House Fellows Foundation and Association’s (WHFFA) 2017 Legacy of Leadership Award. This is the highest award presented by the WHFFA, given in recognition of proven leadership, dedication to public service, and sustained support to the White House Fellows Program.
Judge McKeown served as Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Interior for Secretary Cecil Andrus transitioning to Secretary James Watt, then as a Special Assistant to the White House during her fellowship year. She was nominated by President Bill Clinton to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in 1998. In 2013 she was elected as the president of the Federal Judges Association. Chief Justice Roberts appointed Judge McKeown to chair the Codes of Conduct Committee of the Judicial Conference of the United States. She currently serves as chair of the ABA Rules of Law Initiative. Judge McKeown also serves as a member of ALI’s Council.
Learn more about Judge McKeown and the WHFFA.
- The Supreme Court’s Last 30 Years of Federal Indian Law: Looking for Equilibrium or Supremacy? by Alexander Skibine… https://t.co/A9b1754Tuo@AmLawInstDec 12
- Dean Risa Goluboff Wins American Society for Legal History Book Award https://t.co/urk6ghsIyW@AmLawInstDec 5
- Participants discussing -What is a student's right of personal expression in public school? Buss @UChicagoLaw Scott… https://t.co/fqrFJxGZbA@AmLawInstDec 1
- Children Reporter @SetonHallLaw Maldonado discusses de facto parent and third-party access to a child with project… https://t.co/tsQjYeJwBq@AmLawInstDec 1
- 2018 ABF Fellows Awards Honorees: Carrie Menkel-Meadow and Amelia Boss @UCILaw@DrexelKlinehttps://t.co/0U1wwtTP3Q@AmLawInstNov 30