Margaret McKeown To Receive 2019 John Marshall Award
M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has been named the recipient of the 2019 John Marshall Award, presented by the American Bar Association’s Judicial Division and the Standing Committee on the American Judicial System. She will receive the Award at the Judicial Division Awards luncheon Friday, Aug. 9, at the ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
The John Marshall Award recognizes individuals who have had a positive national impact on the justice system. It is open to anyone responsible for extraordinary improvement to the administration of justice in the categories of judicial independence, justice system reform or public awareness about the justice system. Past recipients include Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justices Anthony Kennedy and Sandra Day O’Connor.
Judge McKeown is nationally recognized for her work on gender issues, judicial ethics, and international rule of law.
Read the full announcement here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, & the potential for a larger-than-averag… https://t.co/xcVzlQkZHG@AmLawInstMay 29
- #ICYMI – In this video, Reporters Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw, Laura Little @TempleLaw, and Christopher Whytock… https://t.co/LUjp7sDs36@AmLawInstMay 29
- #TBT to Season One of #ReasonablySpeaking with our two-part episode on "Race and Policing" featuring… https://t.co/Lessf5Wmi4@AmLawInstMay 28
- #ICYMI – “Medical Malpractice in the Restatement Third of Torts.” This episode of #ReasonablySpeaking explores medi… https://t.co/gnwp2f22g1@AmLawInstMay 27
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22