Margaret McKeown To Receive 2019 John Marshall Award
M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit has been named the recipient of the 2019 John Marshall Award, presented by the American Bar Association’s Judicial Division and the Standing Committee on the American Judicial System. She will receive the Award at the Judicial Division Awards luncheon Friday, Aug. 9, at the ABA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
The John Marshall Award recognizes individuals who have had a positive national impact on the justice system. It is open to anyone responsible for extraordinary improvement to the administration of justice in the categories of judicial independence, justice system reform or public awareness about the justice system. Past recipients include Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justices Anthony Kennedy and Sandra Day O’Connor.
Judge McKeown is nationally recognized for her work on gender issues, judicial ethics, and international rule of law.
Read the full announcement here.
- In remembrance of the late John Paul Stevens – Watch Justice Stevens in conversation with his former clerk, and ALI… https://t.co/YsRgWgBW5u@AmLawInstJul 19
- In our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement @Kirkland_Ellis refle… https://t.co/M0FgyYq3kR@AmLawInstJul 19
- Congratulations to ALI member Dr. Heath P. Tarbert on beginning his term as 14th Chairman of @CFTC. Learn more:… https://t.co/edEQRIVUG4@AmLawInstJul 18
- Out now: Part II of “May It Please the Court” with Paul Clement. Check out Part I with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman… https://t.co/S3C9EHGvmj@AmLawInstJul 18
- ALI Council member Jeffrey Sutton was recently featured on @Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History. Judge Sutton di… https://t.co/VUNPWHwSYO@AmLawInstJul 18