Mark Agrast Honored with Two ABA Awards
Mark D. Agrast of the American Society of International Law has been honored with two prestigious awards from the American Bar Association, the Stonewall Award and the Robert F. Drinan Award. Both awards will be presented during a ceremony on Jan. 26 at the ABA Midyear Meeting in Las Vegas.
The Stonewall Award comes from The ABA Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, named after the New York City Stonewall Inn police raid and riot of June 28, 1969, which was a turning point in the gay rights movement. The award recognizes lawyers who have considerably advanced lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the legal profession and successfully championed LGBT legal causes.
The Robert F. Drinan Award for Distinguished Service is presented by The ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice and is the highest award given for service by the section and honors those who have been loyal to the section and helped strengthen its mission to provide leadership to the legal profession.
Mr. Agrast has led numerous efforts at the ABA to adopt policy on issues that promote fairness and equality for immigrants and asylum seekers, LGBT individuals and persons with disabilities.
Read more about the Stonewall Award here.
Read more about the Robert F. Drinan Award here.
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22