Mark Agrast Honored with Two ABA Awards
Mark D. Agrast of the American Society of International Law has been honored with two prestigious awards from the American Bar Association, the Stonewall Award and the Robert F. Drinan Award. Both awards will be presented during a ceremony on Jan. 26 at the ABA Midyear Meeting in Las Vegas.
The Stonewall Award comes from The ABA Commission on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity, named after the New York City Stonewall Inn police raid and riot of June 28, 1969, which was a turning point in the gay rights movement. The award recognizes lawyers who have considerably advanced lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals in the legal profession and successfully championed LGBT legal causes.
The Robert F. Drinan Award for Distinguished Service is presented by The ABA Section of Civil Rights and Social Justice and is the highest award given for service by the section and honors those who have been loyal to the section and helped strengthen its mission to provide leadership to the legal profession.
Mr. Agrast has led numerous efforts at the ABA to adopt policy on issues that promote fairness and equality for immigrants and asylum seekers, LGBT individuals and persons with disabilities.
Read more about the Stonewall Award here.
Read more about the Robert F. Drinan Award here.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16