Mary J. Davis Appointed Dean of UK Rosenberg College of Law
Mary J. Davis has been appointed the full-time dean of the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law. She is the college’s first woman to serve in the role of permanent dean.
“When I received an offer to teach law at the University of Kentucky in 1991, I thought that I had won the lottery,” Davis said in the announcement. “I have been honored to serve this institution as a member of a faculty of first-rate scholars and educators and to teach the exceptional students who attend the UK Rosenberg College of Law. I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve this institution as its dean. I was excited in 1991 for the future, and I remain excited for what the future holds for the UK Rosenberg College of Law.”
Davis had been serving as interim dean of the college since July 1, 2019, and was appointed to full-time dean on January 1, 2021. She serves as an Adviser on the Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons project.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16