Mayer Brown Partners Advise Lawmakers on Russia Investigation
The National Law Journal recently spoke with Mayer Brown partners Richard Ben-Veniste and Andrew Frey to discuss the words of wisdom that they offered Congress on the Russian election interference.
Both partners spoke at the hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism about what they took from their experiences on congressional investigations where a criminal investigation was taking place. Mr. Frey and Mr. Ben-Veniste encouraged lawmakers to be wary of inefficiencies, but to not shy from conducting a robust investigation.
Read the full National Law Journal article. [subscription required]
Read Mr. Frey’s transcript from the Judiciary Subcommittee hearing.
- Margaret Marshall @ChoateLLP speaks with the project reporters about the importance of age determination throughout… https://t.co/5c0haN46tq@AmLawInstMay 23
- Project Reporter @SetonHallLaw Maldonado responds to comments on parental authority and responsibility for medical… https://t.co/KTa8g2S5gl@AmLawInstMay 23
- Neil Cohen @brooklynlaw comments on parents' duty to provide reasonable economic support from a legal perspective,… https://t.co/MELuxbrAyq@AmLawInstMay 23
- Our final #ALI95 project is the Restatement of Children and the Law. On the dais, @ColumbiaLaw Scott,… https://t.co/chaXFBWa3u@AmLawInstMay 23
- We are proud to welcome Bryan Stevenson @eji_org. Advises that lawyers must be close to the problems to do effectiv… https://t.co/RKnpXlFXeE@AmLawInstMay 23