Mondelēz International Appoints Laura Stein as EVP, General Counsel
Mondelēz International has announced that Laura Stein will become EVP, General Counsel, Corporate & Legal Affairs, effective Jan. 11.
Ms. Stein will be responsible for the oversight of the company’s global legal, compliance, corporate reputation and ESG agendas, including public and government affairs, internal and external corporate communications, sustainability, community and foundation efforts.
“With decades of experience promoting and protecting people, brand and corporate reputations around the globe, Laura is the perfect leader to continue guiding our Corporate & Legal Affairs function into the future,” said Dirk Van de Put, Chairman & CEO of Mondelēz International. “I am looking forward to Laura’s leadership and partnership in ensuring we as a company are purpose led and values enabled.”
Ms. Stein brings 20 years of public company experience to the role. She joins Mondelēz International from The Clorox Company, a global CPG leader with iconic brands sold in more than 100 countries, where she served as EVP, General Counsel & Corporate Affairs. Prior to her time at Clorox, Ms. Stein served as SVP, General Counsel at the H.J. Heinz Company, leading a legal department with colleagues across Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Ms. Stein is also the Equal Justice Works 2020 Scales of Justice honoree, which honors lawyers who exemplify compassion, dedication, and commitment to achieving our nation’s promise of equal justice for all. Ms. Stein and her father, Robert A. Stein, recently sat down to discuss commitment to pro bono, the importance of equal access to justice, and the rule of law.
Watch a video of their conversation here.
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3