National Archives to Present Program on Jewish Supreme Court Justices
The National Archives will host a book talk and discussion titled, “The Jewish Justices of the Supreme Court: From Brandeis to Kagan,” on Thursday, May 4. This event will be held in the William G. McGowan Theater, and is free and open to the public.
Seth P. Waxman of WilmerHale will join author David Dalin in a discussion about the eight Jewish men and women who have served as justices of the U.S. Supreme Court: Louis D. Brandeis, Benjamin Cardozo, Felix Frankfurter, Arthur Goldberg, Abe Fortas, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, and Elena Kagan.
This event is presented in partnership with the Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington and the Supreme Court Historical Society.
Read the National Archives press release for more information.
- Richard Briffault @ColumbiaLaw Reporter for ALI’s Government Ethics Principles project, addresses the principles th… https://t.co/PHPs08605A@AmLawInstMar 15
- Kenneth Frazier Featured in the New York Times https://t.co/84lCLg6zQo@AmLawInstMar 15
- . @ucilaw Professor Michele Goodwin receives Sandra Day O'Connor Legacy Award. https://t.co/qjxGnmXfyx@AmLawInstMar 13
- American Indian Law Reporter @DrummondWoodsum Kaighn Smith Jr. discusses Tribal Entities and Sovereign Immuity Watc… https://t.co/lBq5pL7lQr@AmLawInstMar 12
- Sick and Aging Prisoners: A Look Into Compassionate Release - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/TrBkUDAn0N@AmLawInstMar 9