Norman Epstein Retires
Norman L. Epstein of the California Second District Court of Appeal retired this August, after 45 years of judicial service.
Justice Epstein is well known for his warm demeanor, dedication to public service and exceptional scholarship. His many honors include the UCLA Law Alumnus of the Year Award (1970), the Los Angeles County Bar Association Distinguished Trial Jurist Award (1987-88), the California Judges Association’s President’s Award (1988), the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Beacon of Justice Award (2005), and the Judicial Council’s Jurist of the Year Award (2007).
The Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association hosted a reception on Sept. 6 honoring Justice Epstein’s remarkable career and dedicated years of service to the law. Guest speakers included fellow ALI members Nora M. Manella of California’s Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four, and David P. Yaffe, Retired Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, & the potential for a larger-than-averag… https://t.co/xcVzlQkZHG@AmLawInstMay 29
- #ICYMI – In this video, Reporters Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw, Laura Little @TempleLaw, and Christopher Whytock… https://t.co/LUjp7sDs36@AmLawInstMay 29
- #TBT to Season One of #ReasonablySpeaking with our two-part episode on "Race and Policing" featuring… https://t.co/Lessf5Wmi4@AmLawInstMay 28
- #ICYMI – “Medical Malpractice in the Restatement Third of Torts.” This episode of #ReasonablySpeaking explores medi… https://t.co/gnwp2f22g1@AmLawInstMay 27
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22