Norman Epstein Retires
Norman L. Epstein of the California Second District Court of Appeal retired this August, after 45 years of judicial service.
Justice Epstein is well known for his warm demeanor, dedication to public service and exceptional scholarship. His many honors include the UCLA Law Alumnus of the Year Award (1970), the Los Angeles County Bar Association Distinguished Trial Jurist Award (1987-88), the California Judges Association’s President’s Award (1988), the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Beacon of Justice Award (2005), and the Judicial Council’s Jurist of the Year Award (2007).
The Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association hosted a reception on Sept. 6 honoring Justice Epstein’s remarkable career and dedicated years of service to the law. Guest speakers included fellow ALI members Nora M. Manella of California’s Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four, and David P. Yaffe, Retired Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- ALI member Sean Murphy of @gwlaw was chosen by the Federal Republic of Nigeria to serve as an ad hoc judge for a pr… https://t.co/Thbd8LdmOT@AmLawInstJul 15
- Dropping tomorrow, the newest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking takes us once again behind the scenes of the nation’s… https://t.co/thH3up8jFa@AmLawInstJul 15
- “Why Is Defining Consent So Difficult?” –– Listen to Aya Gruber of @ColoLaw and Jennifer Long of @AEquitasResourc d… https://t.co/bOJZa2up3X@AmLawInstJul 12
- ALI member Jenny Martinez @StanfordLaw recently took part in a discussion about technology in society with Facebook… https://t.co/6pjbEfzFbn@AmLawInstJul 12
- Matthew Fletcher and Wenona Singel explore the rights of American Indians, both as tribal and U.S. Citizens in Epis… https://t.co/YRsOTzMLhd@AmLawInstJul 11