Norman Epstein Retires
Norman L. Epstein of the California Second District Court of Appeal retired this August, after 45 years of judicial service.
Justice Epstein is well known for his warm demeanor, dedication to public service and exceptional scholarship. His many honors include the UCLA Law Alumnus of the Year Award (1970), the Los Angeles County Bar Association Distinguished Trial Jurist Award (1987-88), the California Judges Association’s President’s Award (1988), the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Beacon of Justice Award (2005), and the Judicial Council’s Jurist of the Year Award (2007).
The Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association hosted a reception on Sept. 6 honoring Justice Epstein’s remarkable career and dedicated years of service to the law. Guest speakers included fellow ALI members Nora M. Manella of California’s Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four, and David P. Yaffe, Retired Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14