Norman Epstein Retires
Norman L. Epstein of the California Second District Court of Appeal retired this August, after 45 years of judicial service.
Justice Epstein is well known for his warm demeanor, dedication to public service and exceptional scholarship. His many honors include the UCLA Law Alumnus of the Year Award (1970), the Los Angeles County Bar Association Distinguished Trial Jurist Award (1987-88), the California Judges Association’s President’s Award (1988), the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Beacon of Justice Award (2005), and the Judicial Council’s Jurist of the Year Award (2007).
The Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association hosted a reception on Sept. 6 honoring Justice Epstein’s remarkable career and dedicated years of service to the law. Guest speakers included fellow ALI members Nora M. Manella of California’s Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four, and David P. Yaffe, Retired Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Read more on the press release issued today by the U.S. Department of Education on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/SKFoHyZwNe@AmLawInstNov 16
- Day 2 of the Student Sexual Misconduct Principles meeting with Reporter Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Associate Re… https://t.co/7D7svcf1h6@AmLawInstNov 16
- No #snowday for our project participants at today’s Student Sexual Misconduct Meeting. Moving along Day 1 of this 2… https://t.co/bTLvHKk1bD@AmLawInstNov 15
- #TBT to last week’s Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws meeting. Joining the discussion were several Reporters /Cha… https://t.co/ahact5w1kB@AmLawInstNov 15
- CU Boulder American Indian Law Clinic Wants North Dakota's Reservation voters to be heard. Read more on The ALI Adv… https://t.co/qKflf6cAHm@AmLawInstNov 15