Norman Epstein Retires
Norman L. Epstein of the California Second District Court of Appeal retired this August, after 45 years of judicial service.
Justice Epstein is well known for his warm demeanor, dedication to public service and exceptional scholarship. His many honors include the UCLA Law Alumnus of the Year Award (1970), the Los Angeles County Bar Association Distinguished Trial Jurist Award (1987-88), the California Judges Association’s President’s Award (1988), the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Beacon of Justice Award (2005), and the Judicial Council’s Jurist of the Year Award (2007).
The Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association hosted a reception on Sept. 6 honoring Justice Epstein’s remarkable career and dedicated years of service to the law. Guest speakers included fellow ALI members Nora M. Manella of California’s Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four, and David P. Yaffe, Retired Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- ALI member Stephen Carter of @YaleLawSch participates in @SimonsRock Book One conversation on his latest book, "Inv… https://t.co/6m4T43uQ9D@AmLawInstSep 20
- Finishing off the week with Restatement 3rd Intentional Torts project meeting. Reporters Ken Simons @UCILaw and Jon… https://t.co/2SIuwcAVRx@AmLawInstSep 20
- Listen to Reporters Matthew Fletcher @ILPCTurtleTalk and Wenona Singel discuss the rights of Amer. Indians as both… https://t.co/fgLmgOqjZd@AmLawInstSep 19
- In a recent @lawdotcom article, ALI member Randy Maniloff @WhiteandWil sits down with author and lawyer @HabenGirma… https://t.co/xMDZnDYwin@AmLawInstSep 19
- Did you know that most allotments of Indian reservations were authorized by Acts of Congress and administered by th… https://t.co/ixG1s92qcY@AmLawInstSep 19